Why become a member? ×

Best bass soft case recommendations?

Chrisbassboy5

My partner bought a Blake for the last time she took her Jazz to Germany, as she'd struggled previously with a full on hardcase, but still wanted plenty of protection. It's since been perma-borrowed by me, and I'm really impressed with the level of protection, the weight and the general pracitical design... rucksack straps, useful pockets etc. It's not had a particularly hard life (yet), but strikes me as really well made and durable.

I have no affiliation with this link, it's just an example. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/233253940328?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233253940328&targetid=522579827663&device=c&adtype=pla&googleloc=9045973&poi=&campaignid=1782815715&adgroupid=70885936722&rlsatarget=pla-522579827663&abcId=1139126&merchantid=6995734&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIndL05p2M4wIVWPlRCh2wVgxvEAkYASABEgI1p_D_BwE

I bought a Protection Racket gig case which is like a cheaper version of the Mono but also have a Blake Bravo bought for around £35 as  ex auction stock which although heavy for a soft case has loads of pockets, waterproof zips and a neck rest too. The brand embossing is a little garish but it's a lovely case. 

https://www.protectionracket.com/products/item/bass-guitar-gig-case

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1

Not the best of the best but i recently got one of these for my new Yamaha P34. More than good enough for me considering i normally use really cheap gig bags and have never had an issue. i had a Mono bag (cant remember which one, not the Vertigo though) and found it woefully lacking in pocket space.

Edited by dave_bass5

I have the mono and the stereo (M80 classic and Dual). Some older models do not have those attachments in them, so I would buy the newer version. Then the case can be fitted with their accessory case, Tick. I have a small effects board in the case.

https://monocreators.com/collections/bass-cases

https://monocreators.com/products/classic-tick-accessory-case-2-0-black

3 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

I bought a Protection Racket gig case which is like a cheaper version of the Mono but also have a Blake Bravo bought for around £35 as  ex auction stock which although heavy for a soft case has loads of pockets, waterproof zips and a neck rest too. The brand embossing is a little garish but it's a lovely case. 

https://www.protectionracket.com/products/item/bass-guitar-gig-case

Got two of these - fine cases. I've also got a Body Glove which is a semi rigged case - don't see them too often but definitely something that should be on your list of "possibles".

Cheap (but not nasty) alternative - Gear4music foam case. Shaped or rectangular, both £39.99. Had mine for 4 years plus now, done every gig with it and still looks new. Lightweight, superb protection even in a van and easy to use. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NickD said:

My partner bought a Blake for the last time she took her Jazz to Germany, as she'd struggled previously with a full on hardcase, but still wanted plenty of protection. It's since been perma-borrowed by me, and I'm really impressed with the level of protection, the weight and the general pracitical design... rucksack straps, useful pockets etc. It's not had a particularly hard life (yet), but strikes me as really well made and durable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/233253940328?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233253940328&targetid=522579827663&device=c&adtype=pla&googleloc=9045973&poi=&campaignid=1782815715&adgroupid=70885936722&rlsatarget=pla-522579827663&abcId=1139126&merchantid=6995734&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIndL05p2M4wIVWPlRCh2wVgxvEAkYASABEgI1p_D_BwE

Thanks m8. Will look..

On 28/06/2019 at 14:07, NickD said:

Cheers Nick. Looked and look really good for the price. Compared to a Mono 80 for pics vs quality maybe the one to buy. With a cheaper case holding an expensive bass it doesn't perhaps attach idiots to jump you as you travel too. Cheers m8!

1 hour ago, Chrisbassboy5 said:

Cheers Nick. Looked and look really good for the price. Compared to a Mono 80 for pics vs quality maybe the one to buy. With a cheaper case holding an expensive bass it doesn't perhaps attach idiots to jump you as you travel too. Cheers m8!

It's not just good for the price, the quality is excellent at less than half the cost of the usual suspects. Put it this way, my Sei now lives in it, and that's a bass I wouldn't take any chances with 

I’ve got a CNB. No idea if that’s good or bad really. But it’s pretty padded, oodles of pocket space. Nice restraint inside to stop things moving around. And I think they are about £35 on eBay. Mine came with my Ibanez. Don’t see any reason to get anything else.

21 hours ago, Greefy67 said:

I’ve got a CNB. No idea if that’s good or bad really. But it’s pretty padded, oodles of pocket space. Nice restraint inside to stop things moving around. And I think they are about £35 on eBay. Mine came with my Ibanez. Don’t see any reason to get anything else.

CNB? Got a link please, will look at.... ta Chris.