Left leaderboard
BassApprentice

NOW TRADED G&L L2000 USA- 1984(ish)
£900
Glasgow

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By denki109
      If you're reading this you will know just how brilliant this bass is. 
      Leo Fender invented the P Bass with Fender and refined it while at G&L. And this example dates back to the mid-80s. 
      It genuinely sounds like a Precision Bass on steroids and, when employing the OMG switch, this passive instrument will leave any instrument in its dust. 
      A previous owner had added a scratchplate to the instrument and I think it looks great. In addition, it appears that the back of the bass neck has been sanded and oiles revealing a bit of beautiful flame in the maple. 
      The nut width is just above a Jazz Bass width at 39.5 mm. 
      It plays beautifully. 
      It's not too scary in the weight stakes. According to my bathroom scale, this beast comes in at 10 lbs.
      Yes, it's got a few dings. But that's because it's been used and loved. 
      Truss rod works as it should and the bass comes with a non-original hard case. 
      Were it not for a car repair bill, I would not be selling this. But, alas, desperation means that I have to part with a much loved instrument. 
      Give it a good home. Please. Priced to sell. A vintage G&L from the USA for only a wee bit more than a Tribute. 

• By BassVentura-FretDetective
      They youngest and most eclectic of Leo Fender's deep-voiced children. Amazingly versatile with its ridiculous number (18?) of tonal options. Tribute series ship with the same pups as the US models so they sound like a lot shinier than lots of others in this price range.
      Owned from new; bought from PMT London last year for around £520 but isn't getting the attention it deserves. Excellent condition and set-up with new strings a couple of months ago.
      Come and have a play in sunny Hove. Open to shipping. Now £380.

• By Mudpup
      Price drop to £750!
      I acquired this in an exchange on this veritable forum a short while ago as a 5 string experiment. Alas I have far too few fingers and it's not worked out for me - I'm sticking to 4 strings!! So, she's up for sale or an exchange for a 4 string G&L L2000 if anyone has one kicking around. 
      Year 2000 USA model and in fab condition (tiniest bit of buckle rash and a weeny dink on the headstock). Comes with new strings and original hard case. No issues and sounds amazing! 
      I'm based near Harlow/Bishop's Stortford and can travel to Herts/Kent/London for work so pretty flexible for delivery/demo
      Pm me with swaps or questions please and thanks for looking 😊
      (Harry, hope it's OK to use your pics - I'm in France at the moment!) 

• By gary mac
      Price dropped to £395.
      I must stop buying guitars
      Anyway, this is a nice early example of a Tribute Asat, equipped with Leo's very powerful MFD pick ups.
      Very good condition, with one dink to the top horn and one on the back of the neck (see pics).
      Everything works as it should and the weight is just over 8lb.
      I've given it a proper clean , set up and a new set of D'Addarios. 
      Decent hard case included.
      Price is £ 425  now £395. Collection preferred but can courier for around £20 (mainland only)