Left leaderboard
BassApprentice

NOW TRADED G&L L2000 USA- 1984(ish)
£900
Glasgow

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gary mac
      A stunning example of Leo Fender’s G&L P bass.
      It’s a proper U.S. model built in 2016 at the Fullerton, California plant. Hang tag, warranty card, certificate, spec sheet etc is included.

Alder body.
      Finish is cherry burst.
      The three ply guard is more like the lovely old vintage looking tort.
      Saddle lock bridge.
      9.5 radius dark Rosewood fret board. Bone nut. Width at the nut is 1.5/8th”.
      Frets are medium/jumbo and all seated and finished perfectly.
      G&L Alnico pick up
      G&L ultralite tuners.
      Weight is 9lb 12oz.
      Original hard-shell, black tolex case, which looks almost as new.

This bass has not had a hard life, the first owner only used it at home, I’ve gigged it twice.
      Although I believe it left the factory,  with round wound strings, the previous owner fitted a set of flats, so there is no fret wear.
      Condition is near perfect, with just a little swirling/signs of use to the pick guard.

Lovely tight, neck pocket and with six securing screws, the neck/body joint is rock solid.
      I love this bass, it’s comfortable to play seated or standing, looks amazing and sounds great in a band setting.
      My reason for selling? Well a near miss last night, on a crowded stage, when our drummer knocked over a heavy cymbal stand, made me rethink gigging with a pristine instrument like this. I’m going to use my old G&L and a P bass that I built for myself, both of which sport war wounds and genuine road wear.
      Hopefully the photos will give a good indication of the condition. Anything that looks like a blemish or damage to the body finish, is purely down to my photography.

Price is £950.
      I’m in Hoddesdon, Herts. Would really prefer collection but we can discuss shipping if necessary.  

• By badastronaut
      For sale is this G&L L5000. This serie was the last serie Leo Fender worked on (design that is ofcourse). Only around 400 L5000 basses were ever produced and a handfull of them them were fretless.

This 1992 L5000 is in extremely good condition, only a few slight dents (but you really have to search). It comes with the original case. Plays like a dream and with the current d'addario tapewounds it sings with loads of mwahhh. I'm asking 699 GBP.

The bass is located in the Netherlands but safe shipping is ofcourse possible.

I've added a really short video as an example of how the bass sounds. Listening with headphones adviced. I played some low and some high melodic stuff. Not the best video quality but it's better than nothing I guess.

• By dub_junkie
      Selling one of my two Tribute JB-2 basses, this one is a 2008 build in excellent condition with a nice comfy Jazz bass profile maple neck, Alnico J single coils pickups and G&L saddle lock bridge. No playing, mechanical, structural or electronics issues with the bass at all.
      A previous owner fitted a tug bar on the treble side and the bass is now fitted with flat wound strings (can put roundwound back on if preferred) Nice and light in weight
      **SOLD**
       Buyer can arrange their own courier or I will get prices for shipping

• By gary mac
      Price dropped to £395.    Now £375
      I must stop buying guitars
      Anyway, this is a nice early example of a Tribute Asat, equipped with Leo's very powerful MFD pick ups.
      Very good condition, with one dink to the top horn and one on the back of the neck (see pics).
      Everything works as it should and the weight is just over 8lb.
      I've given it a proper clean , set up and a new set of D'Addarios. 
      Decent hard case included.
      Price is £ 425  now £375. Collection preferred but can courier for around £20 (mainland only)  

• By Bastek
      Hello Bass family
      I`m selling my G&L L-2500 five string beauty.
      It`t a rare custom version with beatiful maple top and binding, made in US between 1997 and 2003 - according to G&L site customs were produced in 1997 but the serial number written on the back of the headstock. began with “CLF” which was used from mid-1998 on – so i`m not sure.
      As i remember I`ve purchuased it 2004 from USA. Some little dings and scratches. Frets in excellent condition. Everything works perfectly.
      I didn`t like the original jack input so it was chaget to gotoh plate with "open" type switchcraft input wchich is much more tight and safe when gigin.
      Netto weight: 4,6 kg = 10,2 lb
      Original Harshel case (in good condition - two legs missing)
      No trades, only sale.
      Cheers