Why become a member? ×

DH Gate - Thoughts?

bassatnight

Bought a pedal from the similar site Ali Express 2 weeks back.  Took 10 days to arrive from China.

The seller doesn't get paid until you verify delivery,money goes in a holding account till then. To be extra careful pay using a credit card or credit card through Paypal.

One thing,if it's a bass, be aware many sellers are middlemen and use stock photos of well known brands. Problem with this is the T&Cs state the item must look like the photo so any "Butterfly" logos or "Made in ***" will be on the bass. You could ask for a different logo but I've heard from a few folks who still got the logo even after asking for blank space.

1 hour ago, kodiakblair said:

Bought a pedal from the similar site Ali Express 2 weeks back.  Took 10 days to arrive from China.

The seller doesn't get paid until you verify delivery,money goes in a holding account till then. To be extra careful pay using a credit card or credit card through Paypal.

One thing,if it's a bass, be aware many sellers are middlemen and use stock photos of well known brands. Problem with this is the T&Cs state the item must look like the photo so any "Butterfly" logos or "Made in ***" will be on the bass. You could ask for a different logo but I've heard from a few folks who still got the logo even after asking for blank space.

Thanks mate, it does seem to be a bit of a minefield.

I bought a wireless transmitter/receiver just to see how I like going wire-free, from AliExpress. For £24.76 including delivery I thought it was a low risk experiment. About 10 days later it arrived (no customs folly), and by jingo the thing actually works, and works well! OK the battery on the transmitter only lasts a couple of hours, but for noodling at home it is great. And OK when initially pairing it knocked out my home wifi for a bit, and occasionally it knocks out the Smart meter for a while (at 2.4gH), but I can put up with that! This is the thing; https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007368484.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.77184c4d3sq4bH 

And I see the price has come down to £23.36!

But I would be very wary of a major purchase, no matter how enticing the advert looks...!

I've been ordering from China for years, in fact I just ordered a new phone last night from Banggood! With AliExpress it depends on the seller - I ordered a £140+ item from the official GPD store on there and when it arrived with a small fault they paid return shipping and gave me a full refund, similarly with Banggood I've had refunds and been allowed to keep incorrect items etc. In fact I'd recommend Banggood purely because their live chat is very good, much better than a lot of UK firms in fact, my last two phones and my daughter's tablet have all come from there.

DHGate are a reseller like Banggood, Fasttech, Gearbest etc so you should have no problems and can pay with PayPal, AliExpress is basically the Chinese eBay so it depends on who you're buying from.

• Like 1