Why become a member? ×

hooky_lowdown feedback

skankdelvar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm afraid my experience has been the polar opposite of others here. 

I had put up a wanted ad for a Precision body, my intention being to fit a Nash neck that I had. It had previously been on a Nash body and also a Squier one.

I was offered a reliced body with a 'standard US/MIM' neck pocket, and duly paid the asking price without quibble. The body had been taken as part of a trade I was informed.

It arrived promptly and all seemed fine. However, when I came to fit the neck, it was apparent that the pocket was short and two of the neck screw holes were visible at the back. 

On measuring, it turned out that the neck pocket was the standard width of 2.5" but was only 3.5" long, 3/8" shorter than standard. 

On bringing this to Matt's attention, he stated that the dimensions were standard and that I should sell the body if I didn't want it. 

I asked for support from the admins and their opinion matched my own.

Messages were sent and a complete lack of a response suggested we were being ghosted. 

In suggesting that I was knowingly being palmed off with something, the admin finds it hard not to draw the same conclusion. 

The attached picture shows the neck in the pocket and the misalignment of the screws.

Hugely disappointing and not the result I was expecting. It seems out of character, but I have to urge caution in future dealings. 

20231218_134014.thumb.jpg.709b052d8794fd125fe6b4e6e31ec7f6.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...