Why become a member? ×

Mark Hoppus bass...

NancyJohnson

58 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Yep that wiring is a nightmare - building a JJ one for my brother after refurbishing a body, and there is no way I am doing all the wiring!

Found a decent work around though to get some functionality and not change the looks too much

Thing is, I've always tended to play with everything full on/open, so all I'd probably end up doing is find the best sounding switching set up and leave it as is; I know a PJ pickup set up works well enough...I rarely mess with tone controls, so I guess if I did go with a Jaguar, it would be one of the simple ones. 

Agreed

Mine will be simples - i’ll Put in the plates and dials for ‘The Look’ butbthey will all be dummy.

I’ll fit in a stacked Vol/Vol made by Nol electronics (they also do a stacked vol/blend) and a tone styler duo six.

Means that I don’t need to alter the cavity and can use the existing plate 2 holes

40 minutes ago, Davo-London said:

Honestly, just borrow a Precision from a mate.  They'll be chuffed.

I'll lend you one.  Where do you live?

Peace

Davo

The guitarist has a couple of Precisions...if nothing suitable turns up in the next month, then I'll use one of his or my Aria.

Thanks for the offer!

• 3 weeks later...

I own a mk2 in blonde and absolutely love it.

It has such a brilliant sound and I love the simplicity of only having a volume knob. I never touch and EQ controls on a guitar while playing anyway.

I highly recommend one. It is a very well made bass. I had a mk1 years back and that was equally as good, just the pickup config now may suit a different playing style. :)