Why become a member? ×

P-bass wiring loom, solderless connection
£22
Bexhill

For these P-bass looms with either Bourns or Alpha Mini pots only, I can now offer a alternative delivery to save you money!

Royal Mail 1st Class, Signed For, Insured, will fit through letter box

Precision bass loom, Bourns 250K Log. Audio Mini pots. 6mm splined shafts for push on  knobs. Switchcraft Jack socket, PolyDrop .047uF Cap. 2 way screw terminal connector.  Fits any P-bass including Squiers and others with narrow control cavity routing, 20mm minimum required. Complete with hardware to suit pick guard / control plate mounting or through body up to 6mm.

The Bourns pots are top quality and have a lovely smooth but firm feel to use. A great replacement / upgrade for cheap and nasty pots in many basses.

Complete with wiring instructions and screwdriver.

£22.50  PayPal Friends/Family please to [email protected], includes signed for, insured, Royal Mail delivery UK. EU £7.50 extra, other at cost.

BTW if the Price shows above as £22 it's because of the forum software - it's £22.50 ta.

Cheerz, John

2019-06-20 12.29.14.jpg

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Jono Bolton said:

With mini pots, is the thread that goes through the hole in the scratchplate the same size as a standard pot, or is it smaller?

Hi Jono,

Only Alpha Mini pots and very cheap nasty pots had about 8mm dia. threads but all decent quality pots have 3/8" / 9.5mm mounting, even Alpha have changed to that now.

Edit: The latest batch of Alpha Minis 250K Audio I ordered came with 3/8" threads, quite a surprise! So I don't know if old stock, smaller threads, is still available anywhere.

If you need to enlarge the holes on a normal P scratch plate, 'tis a simple matter.

Cheerz, John

Edited by KiOgon

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought one of John's wiring looms for a Mexican precision. The loom was fantastic but sadly the bass had not been well looked after and I had a problem with background noise.However John pinpointed the problem and the end result is a bass that punches well above its weight !! I am delighted with the result and also with the prompt technical advice .

• Thanks 1