Why become a member? ×

Does anyone know which one this is? Spector experts would be great :)

JJMaingrain

Ok, I dont mean the white one, thats my CK-4 :)

The black one (has a bit of a green tinge to it). I have just aquired it, and, its lovely. Made in Korea, I originally thought it was some form of legend, or, maybe a version of the NS2000 perhaps? The legend seems darker round the edges than this, and I think the NS2000 are often more rounded (like a euro). Its got the EMG HZ pickups in it, and, when it was being sold was marked as a performer, but, am 99% certain its not one of them, any thoughts?

Its lovely it has to be said. Lighter than the CK-4, which is nice

20190625_082934.jpg

20190625_082951.jpg

20190625_083002.jpg

20190625_083012.jpg

20190625_083024.jpg

Just now, cetera said:

Seems to be yeah :) Thanks also

So, my next question will be...

Pickups!?

Are the HZ ones the same solderless connectors as other EMGs?

Any suggestions as to replacements? (I love the tone from the ones in my CK4) 

If I am upgrading from HZ to "standard" active EMGs, do I need to change anything else? I remember I think I had to change volume pot and jack input on a les paul I did

19 minutes ago, cetera said:

Upgrade the pickups to full active EMG soapbars (many choices) and the EMG BT circuit will come alive.... :)

Read my mind! Any suggestions as to which ones?

I had a look inside, and, there seems to be soldering on everything, not the usual click in stuff I expect on EMGs, so, I reckon a wiring kit may be needed? (I dont know, I may be waffling haha)

ok, last couple of questions on this, I promise! or at least, I will try and promise haha. I am used to getting more expensive spectors, so, I half thought about refinishing this one, but the colour is kinda nice (I was thinking red). I know how to do that colour wise with stain/dye, clearcoat etc, all good on that, and, very kindly been helped above on pickups, so, thats sorted, so, hardware!

Tuners - are these actual Gotoh? or, copies? I have seen some Gotoh GB707B, which seem to be the right ones, and match the hipshot I just put on it :)

Bridge - is it ok? I dont know much about them, so, wondering "what" this one is, and, what would be a good/much better direct replacement for it?

The input jack is a bit dodgy, do I need a specific for EMGs? Or, probably more pertinent, should I look at different options if I am upgrading? I like the solderless stuff I put in my guitars, but, theres solder all over the place on this one, so,its not the same. 

Actually thinking about it, if I replace the HZs with active 35s, I already have a battery in there, do I need to? :)