Why become a member? ×

Greetings

JJMaingrain

Thank you kindly, quite glad they still make them both, or at least I can get them. Always my favourite sound/look :)

Playing guitar is fun, I have a couple lovely ones, and, am in a band I am lucky to be in, but, forgot how much I always enjoyed playing bass till I started again

I should probably go into more detail haha

Play bass at the moment in a band here called Psychobabylon, just rerecorded the bass on their latest EP since they wanted to do a video (which we have) and, I wanted to play along to my own basslines, can check it out here - https://psychobabylon.bandcamp.com/

Its getting pretty cool reviews, and the handful of shows I have done with them have been storming. Currently using a Spector CK-4, which is epic I have to say, I like it more than my old rebop, and my old Euro4lx, both of which I actually still wish I had! Just picked up a Q4 pro (as identified by you lovely chaps here), which had been listed as a performer, but I knew wasnt. Its pretty nice, but, pickup and possibly hardware changes will be coming, I may even refinish it, who knows. Using a Trace Elliot ELF most of the time, since, it sounds wicked, and, is literally the easiest amp to carry in the universe haha. Sounds great through a 4x10. Grabbed an ashdown cab as we have an endorsement with my other band with them. Probably going to pick up an SVT Pro, or, an old AH500 trace if i can find one

Also play guitar in a band called The Main Grains, with the wonderful Danny McCormack from The WIldhearts. Epic bass out of his monster of a Fender! Quite unnatural haha. But, with them being busy at the moment, I am taking advantage and playing bass again (Cant do it in that band with Danny there!). Guitar wise, Tokai Love Rock, customised to hell, and, a Hagstrom Viking Deluxe, and, a Blackstar Series One half stack. We got deals with Hagstrom, Blackstar and Ashdown, but, I do love both guitars, and the crunch channel on the amp. 

Also part of the team for Call Of The Wild festival, had our first year this year, went almost perfect, bands like Wildhearts, Hardcore Superstar, The Treatment, Kicking Valentina, Bullets & Octane and well, about 65 more over 3 days. Too much like hard work haha