Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Free double bass (needs major repair...)
£1
Bristol

The bass has now been given away!

I've got an Eastern European blond plywood double bass with the head broken off. I acquired it with a view to doing the repair myself but I'm just not finding the time. It's a messy break and I was planning to put it all back together with WEST epoxy in a manner that would horrify a proper luthier, but you could also do a proper job and replace the whole head and neck as one. The body is solid and sound, the soundpost is still in place, but the spike and fitting are missing and one tuner needs replacing.

If fixed it would be a useful gigging bass as it has a compact body and feels very solidly built indeed - you could take it to a rowdy pub gig and not suffer too much anxiety. I bought it with that in mind, also thinking that a good solid plywood bass could go in a car to a festival and withstand the heat and damp. If well repaired it might be worth £500.

Some rather low-quality photos attached but you can see the basics... Any inspections welcome. FREE to anyone who wants a project!

DB1.jpg

DB2.jpg

DB3.jpg

DB4.jpg

DB5.jpg

DB6.jpg

Edited by JoeEvans
Sold

Hello Joe, I'll definately take it off your hands I just need to find some transport to pick it up. I'm in Taunton, Som. Currently not allowed to drive. Have friends in Bristol so need to sort something with them if still available. I await your reply

Best wishes

Derrey