Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Custom Flying V Bass - Sensible Offers Considered
£1500
York

martfitz

For sale is my custom made Flying V, made by Ray Cooper guitars in 2002 but after 17 years with me it's time for a new home where it will be played.

I no longer play metal and it doesn't look right with me playing rock covers in pubs these days, frankly you feel a bit of a plonker playing Wonderwall on a bass like this 😀 (Especially now I'm middle aged and fat lol)

I've had some modifications made to it since it was built, I had a new truss rod fitted by luthier Stuart Palmer a few years ago, the old one didn't break I just wasn't happy with it, so this is now accessed via the headstock and not via the body.

The body and neck are mahogany, with a burl mahogany top and ebony fingerboard. The neck is very slim too.

A few minor scratches and small nicks in the lacquer, it has been gigged and not wrapped in cotton wool, but saying that, it hasn't been abused.

Schaller tuners and bridge, with adjustable string spacing.

I've replaced the pots with gold ones, still have the black ones if you prefer those.

Built-in flush mounted Dunlop straploks. You can balance this bass brilliantly, so no neck dive!

Pickups are EMG P and J with EMG EQ. It sounds immense.

Comes with a proper fitted soft case, I do have a hard case but it weighs a ton, (the case not the bass), so would be impossible to post. Collection preferred or I can deliver within reason.

I appreciate that this is a pretty niche product, but it is a great bass.

Flying V 1.jpg

Flying V 2.jpg

Flying V 3.jpg

Flying V 4.jpg

Flying V 5.jpg

Flying V 6.jpg

Edited by martfitz
Price reduction
  • Like 12

• 3 months later...
  • martfitz changed the title to Custom Flying V Bass - PRICE DROP £1200
  • 3 weeks later...
  • martfitz changed the title to Custom Flying V Bass - Sensible Offers Considered

I need to shift this, not desperate for the money but do need the space as the wife is getting the right hump as there's a new bass on order.

Serious offers considered, could ship but would cost a bit.

• martfitz changed the title to SOLD - Custom Flying V Bass - Sensible Offers Considered
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic