Why become a member? ×

Andy Baxter - now in Leeds

Drax

Just seen Andy has moved the shop to Leeds. Having bought and sold through him in the past, did enjoy the luxury of having a physical shop like that in London - assume online trade and London rents helped make the decision. 

Shame to see it move though - aside from the chain stores, just the Gallery left now.. 

2 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Oh no! London has lost one of its dedicated bass stores! How will it cope?

😄

More hot yoga and quinoa I guess. 

London’s loss is Leeds gain - definitely worth a visit if you’re into the vintage thing, Andy’s prices are on paper not the cheapest, but he sources great instruments 

On 23/06/2019 at 12:38, Drax said:

definitely worth a visit if you’re into the vintage thing, Andy’s prices are on paper not the cheapest, but he sources great instruments 

Absolutely. Great guy, fun to deal with. He sold me a great bass.

I think I need to buy some more basses from him before ... you know ... it's getting more complicated ... if it happens at all, that is. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

A shame for some, and a bonus for others! I can't wait to get into Leeds and check it out, been looking forward to the move since hearing about it!

He’s got some nice genuine vintage stock, he can be a bit pricey but he’s open to negotiation 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just a word of warning to any southerners that will be relying on northern rail to get into Leeds, allow yourself an extra 2 days to get there.

Given that my local nonchain and chain music shops have shut one by one over the last few years, this is fantastic news for us west Yorkshire folk. All we need now is to be payed London wages so we can afford bass luxuries!