Why become a member? ×

"Guest" postings...?

Ricky 4000

Question

I regularly see (in my notifications window), that somebody called "Guest" has posted, but I don't see those posts when I follow the links...

Is there a setting to allow viewing of Guest posts (if by "Guest" it means forum visitors who are not logged in?).

... or is there a real member called "Guest" who presumably has me on ignore!...

In checking this out, I found I accidentally had @AndyTravis on ignore! Sorry Andy, don't know how that happened!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I THINK it’s because the new update lets you post as a guest but the content only appears if the guest responds to the next prompt to join as a member. It looks like it’s sending out a notification before the post is approved, which is a bit silly. Reckon that’s right, but will check. There’s another update due and I think I remember reading something about this issue being changed. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I regularly see (in my notifications window), that somebody called "Guest" has posted, but I don't see those posts when I follow the links...

Is there a setting to allow viewing of Guest posts (if by "Guest" it means forum visitors who are not logged in?).

... or is there a real member called "Guest" who presumably has me on ignore!...

In checking this out, I found I accidentally had @AndyTravis on ignore! Sorry Andy, don't know how that happened!!

I don’t press buttons to ignore you...I just do it 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it Ricky, I’ve got Andy on ignore aswell 😂

• Haha 3

On 22/06/2019 at 18:11, Ricky 4000 said:

:) I'm glad you brought this up. It's been puzzling me too but I didn't like to say anything for fear of causing offence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

:) I'm glad you brought this up. It's been puzzling me too but I didn't like to say anything for fear of causing offence.

That's quite alright. I do the tedious technical / housekeeping posts, while you swan about the sections in your silk smoking jacket, being witty and fabulous. :sad:

😁

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Who said "who said that"?

I've got everybody on ignore. The forum's been very quiet recently

Echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo... smiley

Anyway, 'Guest' said to me that he blocked you because of your uncalled for persecution of me 'n Ricky! :o

And repeated prog answers to 'Name that Tune picture quiz'! :o

He said he thought it was childish!

So there! :on_the_quiet:

('Guest' is wise! :D)

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo... smiley

Anyway, 'Guest' said to me that he blocked you because of your uncalled for persecution of me 'n Ricky! :o

And repeated prog answers to 'Name that Tune picture quiz'! :o

He said he thought it was childish!

So there! :on_the_quiet:

('Guest' is wise! :D)

It's been very quiet round here for the last week or so.

You been away?

Any plans to go again?

Please?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

It's been very quiet round here for the last week or so.

You been away?

Any plans to go again?

Please?

See WizenedHomme, it's cheap shots like that that get you blocked by 'Guest'!  smiley

Yes, I was away, but now I'm back! :D

Believe it baby! smiley

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teebs said:

One does one's best! smiley

Thats what one was afraid of....... :swoon:

Still, welcome back. Did you have a nice time in Northumberland? Presumably, TLSMT (The Long Suffering Mrs Teebs) stayed at home for a well-deserved break? 😛

1 minute ago, Skinnyman said:

Thats what one was afraid of....... :swoon:

Still, welcome back. Did you have a nice time in Northumberland? Presumably, TLSMT (The Long Suffering Mrs Teebs) stayed at home for a well-deserved break? 😛

Thank you :) 

Lovely break, good weather, good accommodation, nice food, castles, beaches, sea thing etc.

'TLSMT' as you refer to her was with me, lucky thing she is! :D

She had a lovely time too - but she felt that I'd devoted too much time to the holiday & had neglected BassChat, so here I am! :D

Dadaaaaah! smiley

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

It's just that Teebs and Skinny are a bit... you know, as above.

Polite?

Well-mannered?

:P

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

You can practice on teebs first off , then we'll move on to adults

Defo - I like a good giggle! :D

• Haha 1