silverfoxnik

NBD: MIJ Fender P Bass circa 1991/2

Hi Folks 

Don't often do this but with this one I thought I must.. 

So, there I was in my local music shop in Bognor Regis (Mike's Music) buying some strings when I saw this hanging on the wall looking a bit unloved.. 

Being the kind chap that he is, Mike let me have a trial with the bass and after spending some time with it at home, I realised it was a must have.. 

As far as I can tell from the serial number, its a Made in Japan 1991/2 Fender Precision.

Sounds great, beautiful Ash body and maple neck and is in brilliant condition for a 27 year old bass. 

Happy days, or should I say, happy NBDs!  

Thanks for looking.. 😊

IMG_20190622_113821.jpg

IMG_20190622_112551.jpg

IMG_20190622_113445.jpg

IMG_20190622_113128.jpg

IMG_20190622_113000.jpg

IMG_20190622_112704.jpg

IMG_20190622_113013.jpg

IMG_20190622_115228.jpg

IMG_20190622_113501.jpg

• Like 16

That is one gorgeous bass. Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Cheers Folks, 

Been playing it all afternoon and it's great..  😊

Fabulous tone, sort of thick and woody but if you open the tone control all the way up, it gets much more clanky! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Cheers @Lozz196

Will be bringing it along to the SE Bash in October if you're going to be there... 

At present looks like I can make it this year, be nice as had to miss the last couple due to gigging/tours etc. 

• Like 1

Very nice Nik. What's the weight?

• Thanks 1

Gorgeous - Precisions don't come much better-looking than that - or better made, considering the era. B|

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps! 😊

@obbm - it's not the lightest of basses Dave being Ash, but it's not the heaviest either.  I should weigh it actually.. 🤔

@burno70 - yep, me too. I've a 5 string bass with the same Ash body, black pickguard configuration.

@Bassassin - absolutely; it's really well put together.. 

Nice bass.

I think, and I could be wrong, they put american pups in some of these and the more expensive tuner type indicates that yours should be American

but i could be wrong

something to google and research maybe

enjoy 

• Like 1

very nice bass,reminds me of my old 70s precision ,though I imagine yours hasn't got a big neck pocket gap being Japanese lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gareth said:

Nice bass.

I think, and I could be wrong, they put american pups in some of these and the more expensive tuner type indicates that yours should be American

but i could be wrong

something to google and research maybe

enjoy 

Cheers @gareth

That could be an added bonus. Will check it out... 😊

• Thanks 1

Screen wipe please ....

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thanku
      Amazing Fender RI70 with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard, nut bone, Gotoh GB2 (reverse) – tunning is very stable -, CTS USA pots, Retro vibe capa (tone is very progressive). Tortoise pickguard. Big output, really nice warm tone. Bass has been set up. (Intonation, neck, action…) Ready to roll ! The bass is in France, but I don't mind to ship the bass in Europe. 
      Here are the spec : 
      Body : Alder
      Neck : Maple
      Fingerboard : Rosewood, 184R, 20F
      Pickups : PB-Vintage (USA)
      Controls : Volume, Tone (CTS, Retrovibe)
      Bridge : Vintage
      Color : Vintage White
      Weight : 4 kg

IMG_4633.HEIC
    • By [email protected]
      Now reduced to £800. 🤩
      I bought this new this year. It's only been used a handful of times because I'm playing bass a lot less due to family circumstances now. Beautiful natural finish and solid tone with a nice bit of grrr typical of Lakland basses. I hadn't intended on selling it, but it appears buying some bikes for my kids and teaching them to ride might need to be a higher priority for me at the moment.
      Collection is preferred, but I can ship at extra cost.
      Message me with any questions. 

The 44-64 is modelled after the venerable workhorse '64 P bass. One custom-wound Lakland pickup provides a bruising punch and drive that nails the vintage split humbucker tone, sending it through the roof with full voicing and modern energy. The body and 34" scale maple neck have an excellent balance.
      Specification
      Nut Width: 1.5" Nut Type: Delrin Fret Size: .041/.085" Width at Final Fret: 2.48" 1st Fret Neck Depth: .76" 12th Fret Neck Depth: .94" Fingerboard Radius: 10" Scale Length: 34" Frets: 20 Bridge String Spacing: .78" Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Rock Maple Body wood: Ash Fingerboard: Fretted Maple Tuners: Hipshot Lisc. Ultra-Lite's Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 4mm Hex Pickguard: Black Controls: Volume/Tone Bridge: Lakland Dual Access  

• By Heathy
      For sale is my American Deluxe Precision.
      P/J pickup configuration. 3 band active EQ with Active/Passive switch. Weighing in at 9lbs.
      The bass dates to 2012, but still had the cellophane on the tuners and pickguard when purchased on this forum in 2016. It is still in excellent condition with all original parts.
      Looking for £950 £900. Price includes spare tort pickguard, original Fender hard case +candy.
      Collection preferred, or buyer to arrange shipping. However, I would be happy to meet up within a reasonable distance (I am based in North Essex).
      Not looking for trades. Sorry.
      My feedback thread is here:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/124316-feedback-for-heathy-steve/?tab=comments#comment-1137183
      Pics below.

• By ead
      This was sourced from WD Music at a not inconsiderable cost .  Save yourself the wait and the expense .
      Pics below, please let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see in detail.  It's in very good condition having spent the best part of 2 days on my CIJ Geddy Lee bass.
      The shiny black loviliness of the top has picked up some stray reflections.  Sorry about this, mea maxima culpa.
      £25 posted UK mainland

• By The Counsellor
      SOLD - SOLD - SOLD
      Upgraded Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Crafted In Japan. Upgrades include new black pickguard (original Fender replacement) and chrome volume/tone knobs (original Fender replacements).
      Alder Body, Maple Neck With Black Block Inlays, Maple Fretboard, Slim 70s Neck Profile, 2 x Vintage Jazz Single Coil Pickups, Original BadAss II Bridge, Color: Black, Crafted In Japan
      Shipping is included in the EU.
      This Bass was a very reliable companion through my music studies but now it’s time to part ways. Great tone, great fast neck and great playability. Well maintained and clean instrument. Currently stringed with Elixir Coated Nanoweb 105 - 50.
      There’s tons of information about this particular Fender Jazz Bass Model on the internet.
      Sale only (to get funds for a 5-String Bass).
      Questions are welcome. Cheers.