Why become a member? ×

Singers that don't

SH73

2 hours ago, SH73 said:

fit in a band

Axl Rose in AC/DC

Completely disagree. He was great with AC/DC at the Olympic Stadium a few years back. Aside from nailing the songs, he looked like he was living the dream.

I guess this post is about replacement singers, because (like it or not) the singer is almost always the focal point for an audience and everyone else is essentially a backing musician. A change in a high profile frontman can be hard for some fans to take, but - so what. 

And just for the record, I think that Adam Lambert is awesome with Queen.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SH73 said:

Axl Rose in AC/DC

9 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

I thought he sounded pretty good on a youtube clip I saw, and I don't like his voice in Guns n Roses

9 hours ago, Skybone said:

Axl Rose in any band

7 hours ago, Heathy said:

Completely disagree. He was great with AC/DC at the Olympic Stadium a few years back. Aside from nailing the songs, he looked like he was living the dream.

Gosh.  Mentioning Axl certainly polarises opinion.

Me?  I think he sounds fine on the WC with his feet against the door to help shove one out.  It's a singing style that makes me want to reach for the laxative to ease things along for him.

Eat more fruit Axl.

Edited by SpondonBassed

1 hour ago, Jus Lukin said:

The one which doesn't sit right for me is Alfie Boe singing rock and pop songs. His sanitised, buy-it-for-your-kids-to-give-to-grandma-at-Christmas operatic voice sticks out like a sore thumb in that situation. I've also heard classical singers doing pop material, and it has the same issue. Feels not like a fusion, so much as a clash.

Very much this for me.

Oh, and Paul Rogers (absolutely top vocalist) with Queen just sounded wrong to me. Similarly, Brian May playing Alright Now with his signature tone seemed wrong too. That venture was less than the sum of its parts for me.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 20:40, SpondonBassed said:

Me?  I think he sounds fine on the WC with his feet against the door to help shove one out.  It's a singing style that makes me want to reach for the laxative to ease things along for him.

As opposed to Brian Johnson who simply looked like he was trying to drop the kids off 😀

• Haha 1

Guest oZZma

The Daughters could have been such a great band with a different singer. I really can't stand his singing, he ruins everything.

On 23/06/2019 at 13:05, ezbass said:

Very much this for me.

Oh, and Paul Rogers (absolutely top vocalist) with Queen just sounded wrong to me. Similarly, Brian May playing Alright Now with his signature tone seemed wrong too. That venture was less than the sum of its parts for me.

Personally, I  don't rate that Adam bloke who's  actually in it now. John Deacon was right. Queen was over when Freddie died.

21 minutes ago, bassace said:

Bob Dylan.

His singing voice would charm the very crows from the trees.

In addition, we need another topic to cover his playing of the gob iron.  That hee-haw style of his... it almost makes me want to listen to Larry Adler.  Almost but not quite.