Chiliwailer

***SOLD** Music Man Old Smoothie StingRay - Chocolate Burst 40th Anniversary - Now **£1650**
£1750
Harrow

Posted (edited)

Now £1650

Gutted to sell this, but my wife needs the cash more than I need a second bass. As things stand for now I can’t justify keeping it, but will withdraw if things change. 

No trade please..... see above^^^ :) 

Limited Edition in this colour, made for order in 2016 only, and now discontinued. It’s based on a prototype Leo Fender made for Sterling Ball and is the 40th Anniversary model. See the YouTube video below for more info. 

Bought new by me from Bass Direct. 

These are very special basses, with an awesome neck and the preamp is voiced beautifully, literally smoother than a regular Stingray and with an amazing EQ, that has loads of bass and sweet highs. This bass oozes quality. 

It’s in excellent condition, not one issue. It’s wearing flatwound strings in the photos but the original rounds will be put back on. 

Comes with the original hard case and shipping box. 

Weighs 4.275kg / 9.42lbs

***LINK TO MY FEEDBACK*** 

AE3FA1DF-0512-47CC-8BDB-F2A7BE047026.jpeg

E0EB725F-97B3-49A5-A011-21EFE138250A.jpeg

E191021F-55D3-49BC-8F7B-7ABC3B99B1F5.jpeg

7ABC5D90-1C1E-4A57-965B-EC338F343936.jpeg

A870B2D8-A001-4472-8D61-CCFC0B89626F.jpeg

B40F808E-5BCB-457E-9E76-4AC62B13C73C.jpeg

2D7B8608-A89B-44E0-95C3-7CCF525CEE17.jpeg

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Like 7

Feel for you mate. Hard one to let go that, but doing it for a good reason. 

Buy with confidence.

Fantastic bass and a great guy to boot 👊

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Feel for you mate. Hard one to let go that, but doing it for a good reason. 

Buy with confidence.

Fantastic bass and a great guy to boot 👊

Cheers brother 👍

Luckily I’ve still got a Stingray Special and an amazing wife to console myself with ;) 

• Like 1

Still loving this, beautiful bass.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marky Screen
      Got these to upgrade a bass I no longer have so time to move them on.
      Both in used but alright condition.
      Got some spare screws I can chuck in now I think.
      £45 posted uk for the Delano.

• By ead
      Next up on the GAS relief project is my SB14.  This bass has a couple of significant upgrades.  Firstly it has the J East MMSR 4-knob, 3-band preamp and also the pickup is a Seymour Duncan SMB4A; the one with Alnico magnets.  I bought it like this so don't have the original bits.
      Other than that in very nice condition.  By my scales the bass weighs a nadge over 9lbs and will come with a decent gig bag.
      As ever I'd prefer to meet up and am happy to jump in the car and meet half way somewhere rather than risk a courier if humanly possible.  Courier would be the last resort and will be at cost to you.
      If you have any questions please ask, or indeed if you want any more pictures. 

• By johnpaulbass
      Selling this beautiful MusicMan Stingray Classic.

The bass is mint and comes with MusicMan Hardcase.

Beautiful color, great player. 2 band EQ

Trade possible only with: Sadowsky MV4 metro (4 strings/maple)

The price is negotiable, shipping at buyer's cost.
      Price: 1500 eur

• By t-bone_UK
      This is my first five-string bass. I am a classic example of someone who took this on far too early in their bass-playing career. As a result, it has barely been played since its purchase from new in late 2013. Reluctantly I am looking to sell this beautiful piece of kit manufactured arguably by the best house in the USA.    Currently sporting Rotosound Jazz flatwound strings, which were recently mounted and calibrated by a local guitar technician. It comes complete with a spare set of roundwound strings which were factory supplied and barely played.    This is a versatile instrument and needs a loving home. Active humbucker pickups are great (battery easily replaced), the maple neck feels good and not too cumbersome even with smallish hands like mine, and the rosewood body is a dream to look at. Usual EQ and pickup selectors are all working great and produce rich and varied sound depending on your needs.    It feels like a forced sale because I would ideally keep this bass guitar until I am truly good enough to play it, but in reality the best outcome is for someone to pick up a nearly-new bass at a discounted price and for me to use the proceeds on lessons with my 4-string.    Collection from Bristol or posted via courier to the UK (cost included in the price). Please get in touch with any questions or make me an offer!