Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sterling by Musicman Stingray Ray34Ca (jazz width neck)
£525
Plymouth

Raslee

SOLD: Was planning on keeping this one but since the arrival of my Stingray Special (the blue sparkling beauty) it's unlikely to get a look in again so may as well sell it on as it's just sitting on the wall looking pretty and begging to be played. It's a fantastic piece and was my no1 bass until i got my Special - it surpassed a previous USA Stingray i owned too. The Ray34CA is essentially based on the newer Classic Stingrays with the slab style body and varnished neck and the sort after 2 band EQ. This one has been upgraded with a Bartolini  pickup which A/B'd against the original gives a much smoother top end and less 'zing'. But if the the classic Stingray zing is your thing then the original pick up will be included. There are some spare pick guards, black and i think i have a white pearl, that i will throw in. There is also a thick padded gig bag and i can leave the Hipshot D tuner/Xtender on for an extra £30  - original tuner of course included

Lovely bass really, can't go wrong, think around 9.5lbs in weight from memory but happy to weigh again. The bass is pretty show room immaculate but there's bound to be usage marks I've missed I should imagine. The neck whilst described as jazz width feels like it sits somewhere between a jazz and precision - I found it extremely comfortable to play. You have probably guessed I really like this bass but I'm slowly working down my collection to what i use and need. So an exceptionally good Classic styled Stingray at half the price of a second hand USA Classic, i'll leave it here for a few days and then probably advertise it elsewhere too..

£525 or £500 collected from Plymouth, Devon. Postage overseas likely to be more. PM for further details. Not interested in trades thanks.

q8pm7E2TT4+1bzN2BOpySw.jpg

O7JUQVMCTKClfugKO%FeZg.jpg

zCC4XbsyQRODZ%rsSF+Efw.jpg

3+7ZGeMKR86fXh8AkCh%cA.jpg

9pJqXaCXQsqdkcjswfgt7g.jpg

QhL6RmxfTfe4r3FgoumdJw.jpg

dYPcUuhwT6e6MgRat9OqdA.jpg

K3wJtOjZSk+n0W3H2pUSEg.jpg

4lLRdt3UTSqJZ+9ml9frGw.jpg

jIWwm0H0Sya8XkV2TYR9DQ.jpg

Edited by Raslee
Sold
  • Like 1

Ah my old bass. I can vouch for its excellence, everything about it is just right, and the Bart upgrade sounds fat. Plus Lee is an absolute gent to deal with. Someone’s  going to be happy 

Edited by grahamd
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, grahamd said:

Ah my old bass. I can vouch for its excellence, everything about it is just right, and the Bart upgrade sounds fat. Plus Lee is an absolute gent to deal with. Someone’s  going to be happy 

Thanks for the kind words. Yes sure is a cracker, wish I could justify keeping it :)