Why become a member? ×

Anyone else got one?

MirrorMan

A prototype, I think. I've only ever seen one other, played by Mick Jones near the end of his days with The Clash (its on youtube somewhere) . then he went on to use a 'normal'(?) Electraglide with BAD. It works well, but easier to slide up the neck than down. I think they would have been more popular if the electronics ( which mine hasn't got. and never had!) had been more reliable, and if Andrew Bond hadn't died, and had been able to develop more reliable models. Mine has the stepped neck, and passive electrics - perhaps he should have stayed with that.

• Like 1

A prototype, I think. I've only ever seen one other, played by Mick Jones near the end of his days with The Clash (its on youtube somewhere) . then he went on to use a 'normal'(?) Electraglide with BAD. It works well, but easier to slide up the neck than down. I think they would have been more popular if the electronics ( which mine hasn't got. and never had!) had been more reliable, and if Andrew Bond hadn't died, and had been able to develop more reliable models. Mine has the stepped neck, and passive electrics - perhaps he should have stayed with that.

Update.

Dave Gilmour's Bond prototype sold for £37,000! Shame mine hasn't got the same provenance.( Not that I'd sell it...)

Also, just ordered a spare fingerboard (just in case...) directly from Ashley Bond. 

• 2 weeks later...

Shop I worked in in the 80s sold a few of these. Really interesting instruments.

They were planning a bass but I don't think it ever materialised.

Surprised you can get spares today - who is Ashley Bond- family member?

I seem to recall at the time they were also talking about "fretless" fingerboards being an option for the guitar. The boards swapped out with 3 or four screws I seem to remember although I don't see any on your pics.

Great to see and a quick search shows me that Guitar Guitar currently have an Electroglide for sale at just shy of £2K

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...