Why become a member? ×

David Gilmour's charity guitar auction...

wateroftyne

I need to check this out. the C.A.R Strat is amongst my all time favourite guitars. In my rather short list there's only one I have had the pleasure to play.. and it's not this one either.. 😂

2 hours ago, Dood said:

I need to check this out. the C.A.R Strat is amongst my all time favourite guitars. In my rather short list there's only one I have had the pleasure to play.. and it's not this one either.. 😂

$615,000 to you, sir.

The total has topped $10,000,000... and there's a fair while to go yet.

• Like 2

Time for me to come clean.

It was me who bought the "Black strat." Bit of a stretch at just under 4 million bucks but hey, gotta do something with all that cash form the Class A. Can`t really put it in the bank now can I?

But everything is good, Big Dave is well happy and so is the climate. And I don`t need to worry as I had a text form DPD at 11 am this morning saying Fred their driver will drop the guitar off between 3.42 pm and 4.42 pm at my addresss. 

👌

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I couldn't believe some of the prices on his relatively non-iconic gear. $40k for a 1982 Charvel Bass, $40 for an Overwater Classic bass, $100k for a 2014 DG sig strat, $93k for a 1986 Wilkes "The Answer" slidey pickup Stratalike, $100k for a mid 80s Takamine 12-string electro...

But only $50k for a Tony Zemaitis fretless acoustic bass!!?!?!!

There are clearly some very happy mega-rich Pink Floyd collectors around the place this week. But like others have said, good on DG and great result for the charity!

• Like 1

Interesting to see he used two fullerton era american vintage reissue strats albeit swapping out the stock pups for emgs. The white one also had a neck swap but does that account for the $300000+ price difference? Probably not alone

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by gareth

I have a P bass for sale  that was played on * the following Pink Floyd songs:

Comfortably Numb,” “Shine on You Crazy Diamond,”  and “Money” 

$2,000,000 o.n.o

* in my bedroom

Please pm me for further details and photos

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Haha 1