Why become a member? ×

Yeadon (nr Leeds) Nightlife - is there any?

I'm gigging in Yeadon (near Leeds) on Saturday and due to the distance involved for us, it's an overnight.

These theatre gigs usually wrap up quite early and was just wondering if Yeadon is a one horse town or is there anywhere one could imbibe alcoholic beverages until the wee small hours?

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I'm gigging in Yeadon (near Leeds) on Saturday and due to the distance involved for us, it's an overnight.

These theatre gigs usually wrap up quite early and was just wondering if Yeadon is a one horse town or is there anywhere one could imbibe alcoholic beverages until the wee small hours?

Not been to Yeadon for a while (despite it being about a 15 minute drive from my gaff) but I would imagine that you will be alright on that score! 

7 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, well we’re staying at the Premier Inn at the airport, so if all else fails 😂

I seem to remember the bar opening times are governed by flight times though, closing after the last one etc so best check. There is the inevitable Wetherspoons in Yeadon which probably closes around midnight I guess.

• Like 1

The Crown in Yeadon is a nice small Yorkshire pub.  There's a few others but I don't know them well.  The White Swan is ok I think.  Otley is a short taxi ride away and there's lots of good pubs there, the Junction being particularly good.

Edited by Kirky
Typos
  • Thanks 1

The venue doesn’t have staff in there on Sunday until 11.30, so we had to remove everything and relocate it to the Premier Inn before we could even think about going out for a drink. By the time we had done that it was 11.45pm and the chances of finding anywhere open was slim. We went out for a walk and asked someone who pointed out The Clothier’s Arms that was open until 1am. A few drinks were had there followed by a most excellent chicken kebab at Max’s Balti House.

Night night.