Why become a member? ×

New Fender range - "Vintera"

TransistorBassMan

4 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Was this the "technically the first 5-string" bass that was designed to be tuned E-C? It does seem like a bit of an own goal to go to the trouble of extending the instrument's range with the extra string, to then simultaneously cut short its range by stopping the neck at the 15th fret...

Maybe they had concerns about string tension effects on the neck? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

This would’ve done it. Don’t know why they did a Mexican version of the rascal bass, and a version of the cabronita that the custom shop did...but not the Lotto telecaster bass.

41490D3D-0757-4A14-85A2-92EB8FC2A935.jpeg

They did a Modern Player Telecaster made in China a couple of years back that was kind of close but no where near as stunning as this one

fender-modern-player-series-telecaster-bass-butterscotch-blonde-maple-313216.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

I just like the look of the Bass V, much as I do many of Fender's orphan designs (e.g. Musiclander, Electric XII)

The Electric XII is a great design, I like the way the headstock looks like it was left out in the sun. "What are we going to do with the headstock on this, its a bit dull - I know, extend it a bit and make it droop over"

18 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

...and let's not forget:

PBESBG2.jpg

I loved the elite II, I almost got one  (not in that colour it has to be said) but then I realised how much I didn't like Ps, and that I didn't play 4 strings, but it was still somehow tempting!

22 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

The pics weren't available last time I looked, but they are back up now. I keep telling myself that I don't *need* another mustang, but the sunburst one looks rather tasty

0149653300_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

have waited a day and am just about to pull the trigger on this Andersons have them at 719£

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

got the Mustang - very close to the original - crappy strings, but great pups, tone range, tuners, intonation nearly there out of box, action a little high at 12th - strings or neck after playing for hours left my fingers covered in residue - never had this before - basically very good bass that flats will make into a great bass - get one!

Edited by Duroc17
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a Vintera P yesterday and it's considerably better than the Classic 50s P that I owned for a while. Everything about the build is better and, in my (dubious) opinion, the seafoam green and gold pg combo is disgustingly delicious. 

Nothing new about it per se, but it's an improved take on a decent instrument in the 50s P. I needed a P and more than happy with the quality for the price. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tobiewharton said:

I just picked up a Vintera P yesterday and it's considerably better than the Classic 50s P that I owned for a while. Everything about the build is better and, in my (dubious) opinion, the seafoam green and gold pg combo is disgustingly delicious. 

Nothing new about it per se, but it's an improved take on a decent instrument in the 50s P. I needed a P and more than happy with the quality for the price. 

I really like mine too 👍

20190817_201703.jpg

• Like 1