Why become a member? ×

New Fender range - "Vintera"

TransistorBassMan

I already have a CIJ olympic white mustang and a daphne blue JMJ mustang, plus a '72 daphne blue musicmaster, so I really don't need one of the vintera mustangs, but that doesn't prevent me wanting one. It looks like they use the same hipshot lollypop tuners as the JMJ which apart from working perfectly look great (yep - I'm that shallow).

• Like 1

I take it when you but the 70`s Jazz you get a dodgy neck pocket, boat anchor weight and general shoddy QC?

But not all 70`s Fenders are crap: so says everyone who tries to sell one :ph34r:

I take it that knowing Fender these ones will be more expensive than the almost exactly the same models that these ones replace?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So boring. Your "choices" are fretboard dots, decals and colour, but still everything is the same, year after year. I wish they did something serious like a competitor to Sadowsky or Suhr or something revolutionary. But no, this brand stands behind its true nature: two main products, a steep price, and varying quality.

• Like 1

I was genuinely expecting it to be a new model, like the Dimension, but yeah - someone's hit the random configuration generator a few times and this is what you get, with another sneaky £100+ on the price tag.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, itu said:

So boring. Your "choices" are fretboard dots, decals and colour, but still everything is the same, year after year. I wish they did something serious like a competitor to Sadowsky or Suhr or something revolutionary.

Considering this is the same company that invented the split-coil Precision pickup, you'd think they'd be brave enough to offer something as basic as a choice between "traditional" and reverse P-pickups, wouldn't you? Perhaps they could really go off the deep end and offer different configurations for their two-pickup basses - not just P/J or J/J, but maybe P/P, J/P, P/HB, J/HB. (OK, I'm not sure how well J/P would work, but plenty of other companies have had good results with the other three combinations...)

• Like 2

A '51 style Precision is near the top of my 'future acquisitions' list.

I'm not really interested in another split pick up version, no matter how 'period correct' it may be.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 2

In my opinion (!!!) the best stuff they've done in the last decade is their roadworn line, why can't they expand on that?

Roadworn 60s Precision?

Roadworn 51 Precision?

Roadworn Telebass? 

Sure they pre-aged look is polarising but it's more original than this. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cato said:

A '51 style Precision is near the top of my 'future acquisitions' list.

I'm not really interested in another split pick up version, no matter how 'period correct' it may be.

If you like some kind of roadworn 51 check out Nash (US) or Limelight (UK), both do excellent 51 style single coil P basses. Both will be cheaper than a Fender one.

• Like 1