Why become a member? ×

I am GAS free most of the time.......

Owen

17 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

That one does nothing for me, too big bodied and bulbous. However, the royas, royal family or any of the comic book angled shapes, would love one of those.

I see the Roya Concept is through-neck and semi-headless. I am almost overwhelmed with desire. Time to lock up the credit cards.

• 4 months later...

I just went to his website and realised I was in his town/village the summer just gone.

I'm not sure what I would have done with that information if I had realised? Stopped a car full of four adults and two toddlers with a "ah ha! the home of Jens Ritter. Lets see if he's in and will show me instruments you have no interest in and I can't afford! Or you can wait in the car in the 38 degree heat?!" 

We went for a walk in the hills above and stopped for lunch at Hütte in the hills above, where for the first (and hopefully last) time I tried Wurst Salat. There is no Salat in Wurst Salat. Just Wurst. 
lots of Wurst.

• Haha 1

The giddy ten-year-old in me loves Jens' more OTT elements (50,000 year old mammoth ivory nut, anyone? Wonder where that sits with the whole Tonewoods debate?*), but his blobby shapes just aren't me. Possibly just as well, as they're not something I'll ever afford. Plus, a pal of mine** kinda calmed the whole thing down for me when I showed him Jens' site and he said "It's all a bit vajazzle, tho, isn't it?" 😕

* 'Gives an old-school vibe, but not as well as proper 60,000 year old mammoth ivory...' 😃

** Same pal who ruined Corvettes for me by looking at the top horn and saying "That looks like a nob". I can't ever not see that. I've stopped showing him basses now. 😕

Much as I love the aesthetics of Ritter basses, to me they look like they belong in the hands of one of Prince's sexy backing bands and the like.

Personally, I reckon I 'd look and feel ridiculous playing one in public.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Wonderfully superb extraordinary concept bass, Owen, until I saw the price. 😮 

Yeah, me too. But there has to be a market for it. Not me obviously. To me,  Ritter's aesthetic sensibilities (curves, lines and proportions) are just fabulous. I have owned one (along with one of mostly everything else) of his more standard shapes and it was lovely. But the Isabella line is new, classy, not trying too hard and is floating my boat.

• Like 1

I think the Ritter designs are a breath of fresh air. Smooth lines with beautiful curves - the designs seem futuristic yet classic at the same time.

When @Andyjr1515 and I were designing my Psilos Bass there more than just a casual nod to his designs.

I owned a very nice Cora for a while - I was far too precious with it - I think it left my home 3, maybe 4 times. I couldn't risk any damage to this thing of beauty.