Why become a member? ×

Well. This Has Been Fun...

stewblack

... and time consuming. 

15608956578212264604118025199626.thumb.jpg.a79a1163acbf989eed4289eb324ae849.jpg

Playing with various configurations into two different amps and cabs. Distracting, diverting and a day off from rehearsing. 

Waiting on another board. Rather have multiple boards in a line than cram a fat one. 

I'm a bedroom fx warrior but one day this lot must see the light of day. Just for a laugh if nothing else. I'm usually the one teasing guitarists for their pedal obsession so I'll be eating humble pie if ever I gig this lot. 

• Like 1

I've just realised that I am not bass-nerdy enough to be able to recognise all these pedals without zooming in to the names (the ones that are discernible, anyway), and even then I'm not sure what they do.

Oh thank god :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Just strap them to the bed and take the bed to the gig

makes more sense

The beauty of that idea is that you could drive to the gig, get drunk and then when everyone else has gone home you could just knock the pedals off the mattress and bivouac down behind the drum kit for the night.

• Haha 1

Think I went in too hard for a novice. Gigged with two pedal boards and it sounded horrible, even with 90% of the pedals off. Hum, hiss, crackling and some truly nasty sounds. 

Dismantled everything and went straight into my Trace for the second set. Sounded immense. 

Think I'll start small next gig. Just one pedal. Build slowly over the weeks and that way hopefully the reason for the interference or whatever the heck went on today will become clearer. 

32 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Use one of those Joyo ZGP power supply filters. Tried it on my pedalboard rewire as occasionally my smoothhound has some noise to it, completely killed the noise live.

7 hours ago, Groove Harder said:

Could be dirty power supply or possibly strip lighting interference at the venue

Thanks guys. I'm going to look into both 

Produced an utterly filthy synth sound this evening and virtually noiseless. I am now suspecting the amp I used , the venue's power and /or my extension leads. 

15613189780232472455074565848391.thumb.jpg.4f955c58ab68eb2489e3fcd2037ca1b2.jpg

In case anyone is wondering I put it through three octavers. All 100% wet signals first octave down, then up, then down again. Lots of compression and an overdrive. 🤢 

2 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Produced an utterly filthy synth sound this evening and virtually noiseless. I am now suspecting the amp I used , the venue's power and /or my extension leads. 

Don't know how you are powering it, but if my B3 is chained with anything it craps Digital noise all over the place. It has to be isolated.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Don't know how you are powering it, but if my B3 is chained with anything it craps Digital noise all over the place. It has to be isolated.

Powering it separately but from same extension 4 gang...

I use the Vitoos ISO8* as well, I had to use the B3 on one of the isolated outputs to stop the noise getting round.

I did try a Vitos ISO4 on the belief I might be able to power a helix HX on it, but I was wrong!

Edited by Woodinblack

• 3 weeks later...