Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

1 hour ago, oZZma said:

I think the major flaw in this game is that players listen to entirely different genres, which makes really difficult to post a song that is really "popular" among all players!

That's right, plus even if it is one's pet genre, an isolated bassline often isn't enough to guess the song by (depending on how melodic and/or memorable the line is, and how closely we reproduce it or not).

As you allude to - I think the only way to play it, is to want it to be identified correctly. Rather than trying to do something that nobody can get.

10 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Ok no takers so clue time. 

Released in 1979 it reached number 2 in the UK charts. It was covered somewhat bizarrely by both Frank Skinner and Cannon and Ball. 

Skinner changed one of the words for his TV performance as it was deemed to be beyond the pale for light entertainment. 

And when it comes to clues, it might be etiquette to not 'google' for an answer?

(I think that's etiquette on the other 'name that song' thread).

10 minutes ago, Clarky said:

I know what that is WoT but only because I know which musician/band you are a huge fan of - not going to spoil it for others so will keep schtumm

Knowing the answer is no bar to taking part! Have at it. 

17 hours ago, oZZma said:

I think the major flaw in this game is that players listen to entirely different genres, which makes really difficult to post a song that is really "popular" among all players!

I think this is a brilliant idea (especially for a bass forum!) and i can't understand why no-one thought of it before!

I agree that if people only choose obscure songs to show off their knowledge of Patagonian Jazz or similar then it's going to whither and die.

But everything so far has been pretty mainstream and gives us all a fighting chance.

My only gripe is that I'm now intimidated by the level of skill being demonstrated.....

But that's just me and I'll get over it.

Keep 'em coming, I'm enjoying this - thanks, Stew for kicking this off 😀

• Like 3