Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

@stewblack by a short nose from @wateroftyne

This wonderful version with Trevor Burton on bass and (strangely) no Richard Tandy keyboards so sounding very different to the single.

Burton was originally guitarist, but after Ace Kefford left he shared bass duties with Carl Wayne. All before Jeff Lynne joined.

Guest oZZma

I think the major flaw in this game is that players listen to entirely different genres, which makes really difficult to post a song that is really "popular" among all players!

22 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

@stewblack by a short nose from @wateroftyne

This wonderful version with Trevor Burton on bass and (strangely) no Richard Tandy keyboards so sounding very different to the single.

Burton was originally guitarist, but after Ace Kefford left he shared bass duties with Carl Wayne. All before Jeff Lynne joined.

I've played that bass 😎 long story 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oZZma said:

I think the major flaw in this game is that players listen to entirely different genres, which makes really difficult to post a song that is really "popular" among all players!

Its also the joy of the game we get to learn other stuff. And the clues are fun too, just look at @Stub Mandreland his blackberry whey clue. Awesome. 

• Like 2

Ok no takers so clue time. 

Released in 1979 it reached number 2 in the UK charts. It was covered somewhat bizarrely by both Frank Skinner and Cannon and Ball. 

Skinner changed one of the words for his TV performance as it was deemed to be beyond the pale for light entertainment.