Why become a member? ×

Have you ever...

SH73

5 hours ago, Teebs said:

Erm.. O.o

Prog was 'fashionable'!?!?¿¡¿¡ O.o

Who knew! :laugh1:

I don't know if prog is fashionable, don't give a sht if it is or not, don't care if people think me a quote weirdo unquote for listening to it. I love a bit of prog, me. In fact I like an awful lot of prog, thank you very much. :D 

Edited by Rich
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't know if prog is fashionable, don't give a sht if it is or not, don't care if people think me a quote weirdo unquote for listening to it. I love a bit of prog, me. In fact I like an awful lot of prog, thank you very much. :D 

For too many years, prog has been the "love that dare not speak its name", my solitary vice and my shame. It's good to finally see that I'm not alone and that I can walk with my head held high at last......

Thank you, Rich. Thank you

(breaks down, sobbing... .)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

For too many years, prog has been the "love that dare not speak its name", my solitary vice and my shame. It's good to finally see that I'm not alone and that I can walk with my head held high at last......

Thank you, Rich. Thank you

(breaks down, sobbing... .)

I've learned a big lesson today.

It's so easy to score cheap laughs by poking fun at minorities: Prog, Gingers, Scotch people, people with big noses (that you could hide under! 😃), Teebs, etc etc... but it's wrong. And I'm sorry for saying weirdo. 😔

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I've learned a big lesson today.

It's so easy to score cheap laughs by poking fun at minorities: Prog, Gingers, , Scotch people, people with big noses (that you could hide under! 😃), Teebs, etc etc... but it's wrong. And I'm sorry for saying weirdo. 😔

And it takes a big man to come out and say that so thank you.

Apart from the Teebs thing, of course. Score as many cheap laughs as you like where that young scamp is concerned.... 😀

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Loud'n'proud boy, loud'n'proud!

Never had to hang my head about them two - just the prog thing.....

What'd you think of my new low-level stainless steel PUP surround thingy from that nice man at Retrovibe? 🙂

WP_20190620_16_26_06_Pro.jpg

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

What'd you think of my new low-level stainless steel PUP surround thingy from that nice man at Retrovibe?

I like that. I'm a sucker for customarily two pick-up instruments presented with but a single pick-up. (See Fender Esquire, SG Jr, LP Jr, Ric 420)

9.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

I like that. I'm a sucker for customarily two pick-up instruments presented with but a single pick-up. (See Fender Esquire, SG Jr, LP Jr, Ric 420)

Ohh, that is lovely! 😎

I can't take any credit for deliberately buying the uncluttered 'Jr' version. It was simply the only Ric' I'd ever come across that I could afford in circa 1990.

If it had 4 knobs and 2 PUPs I'd have still bought the mo'fo'. 👌

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

Me likey also the old Combos.

I have really no idea why Mr Hall doesn't draw more deeply on the firm's heritage. Perhaps it's because he's a total wankspangle.

Fwoarr, that's another corking beauty!

I might get my 'Big Book of Rickenbackers' out tomorrow, and have a proper good butchers at the classics.

🤩

9 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Nice.....

Waddaya mean, 'nice'? Ice cream is nice. Chops and sauce is nice. My new part is really good.

There's no longer any raised clutter in the fingering area, and I can even use the edge of the pickup as a thumb rest.

It is now as easy to play as a Fender.

(and the part was only £18). 👍

6 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Waddaya mean, 'nice'? Ice cream is nice. Chops and sauce is nice. My new part is really good.

There's no longer any raised clutter in the fingering area, and I can even use the edge of the pickup as a thumb rest.

It is now as easy to play as a Fender.

(and the part was only £18). 👍

Er, sorry.

I meant 'really good'.

I didn't mean to be so parsimonious with my praise for your new pickup surround. I did mean to say that it looks really good.

And £18. Bargain. And as easy to play as a Fender? Without having to be a Fender? Double bargain.

So, not just nice but really good. Yes, really good. In fact, hang it, it's really, really good.

Sorry. Look at me all gushing and over the top. But it really is really good and i really shouldn't hold back in telling you.

Niiiicccceeeee 😀🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

parsimonious

'Parsimonious' -  a word which appears only infrequently on these pages. Indeed, I can only find 35 instances of 'parsimonious' and its parent noun 'parsimony' in the entire history of the forum. Even this number includes occasions when the post containing the word has been re-quoted so the true, unduplicated figure may as low as twenty appearances or fewer.

To the unenlightened, twenty deployments of a word may seem quite a lot but I can confirm that the word 'The' has been used more than 14,251,000 times since the forum's launch over a decade ago. I think this number rather puts matters in context. 

AFAICS the most frequent user of the term 'parsimonious' may be Ol' Cactus Grabber (aka Mr @Paul S) though I may be in error, the BC search function being tiresomely diffuse in its presentation of results.

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2