Why become a member? ×

What's the best J bass bridge pickup upgrade?

BassManGraham

Following on from my recent SX P bass upgrade project, I have just acquired an old SX PJ style bass, and I am looking for a decent bridge single coil jazz p/u. I may use an Alan Entwistle PBXN to upgrade the P type split coil ( which I recently fitted to the aforementioned SX P bass and it blew me away for the price) or go Seymour Duncan. Has anyone tried the Alan Entwistle jazz p/us? Appreciate your advice and thoughts.

I recently got a Revelation 67 Jazz, designed by Alan Entwistle. It has Entwistle JBXNs and they are fantastic - loud, clear and punchy, with plenty of bottom end. They are so good I'm going to get the PBXN for my Precision (your post about them influenced me too).

I'm up the road (in Bray) if you ever wanna do an A/B test.

Yes thinking of adding a pair of JBXNs to a jazz, in addition to the PJ upgrade. If the PBXN is anything to go by then the JBXN would lbe great too. I would love to do an A/B test between my SX jazz, my Fender Jazz and your Revelation 67. PM your number and we can arrange a meet. Cheers