Why become a member? ×

Harpejji

It's a US company. Found it by chance while surfing around YouTube and wondered if anybody had seen one up close. It's been around a few years apparently so I'm a bit surprised I haven't noticed it before.

Superficially it seems to cover very similar ground to the Chapman Stick, but I'm not so sure.

First off it sounds quite different IMHO. Secondly the playing technique looks different; it's more of a guitar/piano hybrid, whereas the Stick is essentially a modified guitar.

21 hours ago, leftybassman392 said:

It's a US company. Found it by chance while surfing around YouTube and wondered if anybody had seen one up close. It's been around a few years apparently so I'm a bit surprised I haven't noticed it before.

Superficially it seems to cover very similar ground to the Chapman Stick, but I'm not so sure.

First off it sounds quite different IMHO. Secondly the playing technique looks different; it's more of a guitar/piano hybrid, whereas the Stick is essentially a modified guitar.

It's almost like a Hohner Clavinet without the key mechanism, which would explain why Stevie Wonder is into it. 

14 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

I saw this a while back and it blew me away!

That's a great vid. Thanks for posting.

Something I find interesting is that runs seem to be done across the instrument with very little movement along the strings. I assume it's to do with string pitches being a tone apart rather than a fourth.

Edited by leftybassman392