Why become a member? ×

Sold Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass NOS
£1650
Manchistor

binkybongo

2009 CS Jazz - lightweight resonant alder body with the tone pallette from Jaco to Marley's Aston Barrett. Plays beautifully  as you'ld expect from Fender’s Finest.

Couple of dings as shown, some fine scratches which are are very hard to photograph

Weighs just less than 9libs on my kitchen scales, comes with certificate, unused case and case candy, Schaller strap locks.

Sale only please.

Thanks.

CS 64 WEB-8497© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8498© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8499© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8500© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8501© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8502© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8503© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8504© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8505© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8507© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8508© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8510© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8522© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8524© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

CS 64 WEB-8531© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

Edited by binkybongo
smelling mistake

Wow!  I've had the very significant pleasure of having both played this bass and heard it being used live on a number of occasions.  It's a very light, resonant and well-balanced instrument.  The neck is a particularly fine example - slender and fast - with lovely quarter-sawn figuring (this is evident in the images).  When I played it, the action too was lovely - low but with enough room to dig-in without clanging all over the place.  Live, the bass sounds superb - fantastic ability to cut-through (obviously dependent of FoH staff) but sits very neatly in the mix.  As above, pretty much anything from nasal Jaco to dub tones.  An extremely handsome bass and one that I'd love to call my own... I just really struggle a bit with the Jazz body shape.  GLWTS - I'd doubt that this will hang around