Why become a member? ×

On hold: Fender American Special Precision Bass. Price drop to £675 with case
£725
Northants

fretmeister

Selling my 2014 Fender American Special Precision in Sunburst with rosewood fretboard.

This run of specials went from 2011 to 2015.

Here is a link to a review by Roger Newell: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-american-special-precision-bass-448255

I took this in a trade but unfortunately it's a bit heavier than I can cope with at 9lb. It's not heavy for a P but I have health issues so it must move on.

Its in very good condition. There is a shallow ding on the back of the headstock which so far I have not been able to photograph but if the rain holds off I'll get outside this evening and try again.

I did have Hipshot Ultralite tuners fitted for a while but I have put it back to stock. The extra tiny hole that is needed for the Hipshots is completely covered by the original tuners.

The American Specials have a regular modern P nut width, but the neck is a bit less chunky than the American Standard.

It's currently strung with a nicely settled set of Thomastik TI flats with a medium action. It's a brilliant sounding bass that I have been using in a Big Band playing swing and big band jazz. It does the Duck Dunn thing very well, and of course can go all rocky with roundwounds too.

Also comes with a Kinsman hardcase that is in pretty good condition. If you don't want the case I can knock £25 off.

£725 collected from Northants, or I might be able to meet you somewhere if it's not too far.

I'm not looking for trades unless you have something under 8lb. Cannot be even an ounce over. If there is a trade I will be bringing my scales!

More photos to come when I can get outside

58749230_10156928988668726_8210415355986

ta

Edited by fretmeister