Why become a member? ×

Basschat Stage Name Generator (oh and by the way, does anyone recognise this chap??

4 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Frankly, I am surprised you did not know that the BassChat approved method of generating one's stage name is:

(A seaside resort visited in one's childhood)  + (The name of the last establishment where you bought a hot beverage whether as a standalone or as the culmination of a tasty meal)

Ergo, I am known to my public as Torremolinos Starbucks.

Portrush McDonalds?

Edit: Correction, Portrush Pear Tree

Edit: Further correction, Portrush Three Kings...

Edited by Bigwan

(A seaside resort visited in one's childhood)  + (The name of the last establishment where you bought a hot beverage whether as a standalone or as the culmination of a tasty meal)

That would make me Porty Costa.  I'm not sure it works - it puts me in mind of a weedy bloke in a Hawaiian shirt playing keys in a Benidorm tourist disco.

• Like 2

Frankly, I am surprised you did not know that the BassChat approved method of generating one's stage name is:

And I am Whitby 200°

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Apologies -- my mistake. All part and parcel of the cornucopia of forgetfulness, confusion and flatulence that is 'getting old', I fear.

Yes, now that would be a fascinating read. And yes, that episode was bittersweet but very amusing... "Get that clown out of here, he doesn't even speak Portuguese!". Classic.

What's this book you speak of? Sounds interesting.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

I once told a mate that a random long haired bloke I'm Scarborough Weahterspoons was Nick Menza, the drummer in Megadeth... Once he stumbled over for a handshake and a  photo the bloke got quite a line of people wanting to talk to him. He wasn't Nick Menza.

I had a weekend in London last summer. Whilst walking across Tower Bridge, I bumped into a musical acquaintance from Leeds who I haven't seen for ages and ages. I had a lovely generic chat with him and his family, who I'd never met before. The conversation was slightly awkward, but I put it down to the randomness, and the bustle of people around us.

I messaged him a week or so later to say it was nice to see him...  slightly puzzled, he replied to say he was currently in Kefalonia, and had been for the previous three weeks.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Whitby Waitrose checking in here :D 

54 minutes ago, NikNik said:

What's this book you speak of? Sounds interesting.

Oh it'll be amazing, if he ever actually writes the feckin thing. I imagine the, ahem, somewhat less than infrequent trips to rehab keep damming up his creative juices, alas.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Apologies -- my mistake. All part and parcel of the cornucopia of forgetfulness, confusion and flatulence that is 'getting old', I fear.

BTW, I have decided that I am going to form a prog band, just so I can call our first album 'Cornucopia Of Flatulence'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

You could always shorten it to Prestatyn Thatvan. Far snappier.

Or I could update the thread next time I buy a brew, thus generating chapter headings in my fictional biography The Evolution of...

20 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I remember him well, and there’s a striking resemblance 🙂

DA4FFC03-A482-4E42-AC5C-563509B8B022.jpeg

That looks like Donald J Trump in his earlier days, prior to 21st Century anvil shaped hair style. 

Stage name - Lytham Caffe-Nero

Is the chap in the picture a Basschatter, who perhaps enjoys a pint of beer in his avatar?