Why become a member? ×

Basschat Stage Name Generator (oh and by the way, does anyone recognise this chap??

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Au contraire, it is absolutely not a name I have invented. If you search BC you will find him cropping up all over the place. We've been talking about him for years. I tagged Skank because I believe he met the Gogglemeister once.

Sorry to disappoint, Rich, but I've never met Mr Goggle. I'd welcome the opportunity because he's a minor legend even to the extent of a short-run Fender Tony Goggle signature bass which makes the Roscoe Beck look boringly conventional.

Having read some of the anecdotes that have been printed in interviews I've always hoped Goggle would write a book like Mo Foster's Seventeen Watts? about the early days of British Rock. The one about Nico and Paul Kossoff was funny and sad at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Sorry to disappoint, Rich, but I've never met Mr Goggle. I'd welcome the opportunity because he's a minor legend even to the extent of a short-run Fender Tony Goggle signature bass which makes the Roscoe Beck look boringly conventional.

Apologies -- my mistake. All part and parcel of the cornucopia of forgetfulness, confusion and flatulence that is 'getting old', I fear.

11 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Having read some of the anecdotes that have been printed in interviews I've always hoped Goggle would write a book like Mo Foster's Seventeen Watts? about the early days of British Rock. The one about Nico and Paul Kossoff was funny and sad at the same time.

Yes, now that would be a fascinating read. And yes, that episode was bittersweet but very amusing... "Get that clown out of here, he doesn't even speak Portuguese!". Classic.

Edited by Rich

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

this thread is worth it just for the reveal of your stage name

Frankly, I am surprised you did not know that the BassChat approved method of generating one's stage name is:

(A seaside resort visited in one's childhood)  + (The name of the last establishment where you bought a hot beverage whether as a standalone or as the culmination of a tasty meal)

Ergo, I am known to my public as Torremolinos Starbucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Yes, now that would be a fascinating read. And yes, that episode was bittersweet but very amusing... "Get that clown out of here, he doesn't even speak Portuguese!". Classic.

When I got to that part of the story I was literally rolling on the floor laughing my ar5e off but what happened to him when he met Jon Pertwee made me cry.

But the thing about Live Aid, the lead singer, the microphone and the superglue was a classic, though.

2 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Frankly, I am surprised you did not know that the BassChat approved method of generating one's stage name is:

(A seaside resort visited in one's childhood)  + (The name of the last establishment where you bought a hot beverage whether as a standalone or as the culmination of a tasty meal)

That would make me Douglas Bay Costa....not bad, actually 🤔 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Don't know who the expensive lookin' bloke in the picture is, but this thread is worth it just for the reveal of your stage name. And what a corker it is! Respect. 😎

Autocorrect is a git isn't it?!  Stage names is one for another thread... Yes I use one, but it isn't the name of the setting of so much drunken shame in my youth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

I'm your much poorer stage cousin Looe Starbucks, although if the first choice of beverage dealer had worked out I'd have been:

Looe Brown Bear

Edited by bartelby