Why become a member? ×

Simple bass lines that make the song...

Rubbersoul

4 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Here's another - It don't get much simpler than this groove 👍

However, you might like this better:

And this is pretty simple:

I love that girl's playing, and her sound ^^^^ 😎

I've just made a great little mash up without really realising what's going on, good old insomnia. 

If you start the Savages one and then bang on four seconds start The Screaming Blues Messiahs one, the first minute is great. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Maude said:

I've just made a great little mash up without really realising what's going on, good old insomnia. 

If you start the Savages one and then bang on four seconds start The Screaming Blues Messiahs one, the first minute is great. 

Oooo, I'll have to try that when it's not 05:30 👌

2 hours ago, Maude said:

Interesting indeed. Insomnia is great. 👍

• Like 1

In The City another one from The Jam, so may not be a simple riff but the intro, alongside Weller's guitar, is so direct and grabs your attention - the first bars of their first single, the promise of so much more to follow.

From the same era how about Too Much Too Young by The Specials? The album version, particularly, with Terry Hall singing at the end about 'Beans on toast for tea' just supported by Horace Gentleman's grooves.

• Like 2