Why become a member? ×

Tokai Hard Puncher- SOLD SOLD
£600
N Ireland

briansbrew

NOW SOLD

I'm putting my Late 70's or possibly early 80's Tokai Hard Puncher up for sale only,  I need the readies 😉. This is the Spaghetti type Logo which Im told is the earlier model.

I bought this off a Guy in Scotland who paid £899 (Ebay receipt for it if you want it ) which was a bit on the high side, Im asking what I paid for it so no profit making.

The frets are hardly marked and Im guessing that it got very little gigging, few marks here and there with the main chip as shown in the pic. 

All original except for the covers which are brand new and came with the Bass, truss works, electrics work as they should and the neck is in good straight order.

The bass came with heavier strings than the ones I have on which are 105-45 so the nut is cut a side lower that normal, plays fine but could be improved depending on your preferences.

Nut width is 42mm and weighs about 4Kg

I have an old case which has no clasps but will do for the courier and keep the bass safe on its Journey.

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

Edited by briansbrew
  • Like 6

Lovely looking bass @briansbrew!

I had an 80s Tokai Jazz Sound bass about 12 years ago and it was superb; better than any Fender Jazz I owned, including a '66 model at one time. 

I imagine this is cut from the same high quality cloth as my Jazz Sound was, so this must be very good indeed.. 

GLWTS 

1 hour ago, silverfoxnik said:

Lovely looking bass @briansbrew!

I had an 80s Tokai Jazz Sound bass about 12 years ago and it was superb; better than any Fender Jazz I owned, including a '66 model at one time. 

I imagine this is cut from the same high quality cloth as my Jazz Sound was, so this must be very good indeed.. 

GLWTS 

Thanks Silverfox, Yes the build quality is first class but unfortunately I am selling all my basses as I no longer play  so someone will very pleased with their purchase of this beauty. 😉

2 hours ago, briansbrew said:

Thanks Silverfox, Yes the build quality is first class but unfortunately I am selling all my basses as I no longer play  so someone will very pleased with their purchase of this beauty. 😉

Sorry to hear that @briansbrew, but as you say, someone is going to benefit..

2 minutes ago, ash said:

Thought this had sold on eBay tonight? 

Nice bass I was watching but I’d prefer the maple board version. GLWTS 

Yes it has sold, was a wee hiccup but I cant edit this listing

• Rich locked this topic