Why become a member? ×

Neck swap

Dov65

My Roger Waters bass made it out the gig bag today for a quick play about...plugged it in and the tone is just brilliant i forgot how good it sounds (G/B pups) the down side is the size off the neck. I can play my Legend no prob even with a gnarly thumb joint thats where the problem is..Now, i'm in two minds either sell complete bass or fit a Jazz neck which i manage fine and it'll save me buying something else, i dunno i've probably answered my own question here..some gas don't help either 

I’ve been in a similar position recently, and as much as it grieves me common sense has taken hold of the situation so have bought 2 basses that work better for me (and will offload my previous 2 gigging basses). I’d say fit the Jazz neck.

Fit a Jazz neck, my favoured gigging Precision has a Mexican Jazz Neck fitted, fortunately I have no issues with "gnarly" joints but a Jazz neck is just easy to play, sadly you're a little far away from me otherwise you would be welcome to come and have a play!