Why become a member? ×

ARIA proll SB officiandos - parts help

fleabag

I want to refurbish the bridge on my '82  SB but i'm unsure where to look or what sizes / threads the bits are.

I need the 8 tiny bridge saddle height adjustment allen screws, 4 springs,  4 intonation adjustment screws, and bridge mount screws.

Does anyone know the necessary gauges/ thread sizes i'm after.  Also where to track them down ?

Thanks a mill

PS -  i dont need originals. Anything will do as long as its the right sizes

Edited by fleabag

I get all my weird and wonderful fixings requirements from Suffolk Fasteners in Ipswich.  If you have an original they'll probably be able to match it reasonably closely.   But I'd try Aria as first port of call - I spent ages trying to match some 80s Mesa Boogie D-180 screws and then found out MB had them in stock for a not ridiculous price.  

Took your advice and called ARIA.  Didn't know there was an ARIA UK till i had a search, but spoke to Lee and he thinks it's a long shot but they may have screws , allen screws and springs sitting in a dusty corner somewhere, but i shouldnt hold my breath. Bass is 37 years old and they dont keep spares forever, natch.

He's calling back later.  :)

Edited by fleabag

On 17/06/2019 at 13:16, fleabag said:

Only 30 mins later and Lee from ARIA has called me, he's found all the parts, and is sending them to me free, gratis.

I'm stunned.

Wow. That is impressive service. I'll keep them in mind if I ever need any bits for my beauties. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Lee didnt post the bits to me as promised,  so in the end i scooted off to a local nut n bolt supplier only 1/2 mile away and not only did he have the corrrect allen key grub screws for  saddle height and the intonations screws,  he supplied the grub screws in stainless and the other screws in zinc plated,  which is a bonus over the mild steel originals which were rusting.

The only parts he couldnt find were the intonations springs, but i found a bass bridge in one of my chest of draws and robbed the springs from that, so its job done

The SB 900 bridge is now buffed and refitted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

I guess Lee didnt post the bits to me as promised,  so in the end i scooted off to a local nut n bolt supplier only 1/2 mile away and not only did he have the corrrect allen key grub screws for  saddle height and the intonations screws,  he supplied the grub screws in stainless and the other screws in zinc plated,  which is a bonus over the mild steel originals which were rusting.

The only parts he couldnt find were the intonations springs, but i found a bass bridge in one of my chest of draws and robbed the springs from that, so its job done

The SB 900 bridge is now buffed and refitted.

That’s a shame. Pleased you got sorted in the end 👍

• Like 1

I know, yup . Been 12 days now so i've given up on Lee

Its weird but i had an SB600 fretless many many moons ago and it was exactly the same colour. There weren't that many colour options, IIRC ?

Edited by fleabag