Why become a member? ×

Fender Geddy Lee Ltd Edition CIJ Jazz Bass - SOLD ON EBAY
£880
Falkirk

Delberthot

I have decided to sell my Geddy Lee Jazz bass. I had put this up for sale a few months ago but ended up really enjoying it so started using it but I've found something else I like now ( you know how it is 😀 )

This is one of the Limited Edition Geddy Lee Jazz basses made between 1998 and 2004 before they became the artist series. the reason that the title shows 1998 and 2003 is because the neck plate dates the bass to 1998 (woohoo) but the stamp on the neck is dated 2003 ( Eh?) so in traditional Fender tradition the carpet don't match the drapes as it were. This one also apparently has real blocks as opposed to painted ones of the later models but without dissecting the neck it would be impossible to know for sure.

Condition wise for a 21 or 16 year old bass it's looking pretty good. There are some dings and dongs on the body, a few wee marks on the binding on the neck that can't really be felt when playing and I'm not entirely sure what happened to the underside of the headstock as it's a bit rough but you can't see it when you play (unless you play with it over your head for some reason or you are a lefty and prefer righty instruments. The worst ding is on the body just below the bridge pickup and there are a few lighter ones elsewhere but nothing through to the wood.

When I got it, it had a scratchy volume control and being terrible at soldering I bought a solderless prewired harness for it which uses wee screws to secure the pickup and earth wires (there are lots of earth wires as it has the brass plates under the pickups which are also earthed) This harness has split shafts and the original had solid shafts so I bought new knobs for it. The bad new, if it bothers you, is that my wife "tidied away" the original harness and knobs so they're probably in a landfill somewhere being circled by gulls, underneath a Mr Sparkle soap box.

Anyway, the neck is the fantastic slim Geddy neck that you want (or you wouldn't be looking at this ad would you?), it also has the obligatory and no longer available Badass II bridge and the pickups are the original cloth wired jobbies.

Sound wise, it does the great Geddy punchy bark but don't think that you're stuck playing YYZ or Roll the Bones all night, it's just a great Jazz bass in its own right. I've been using it with my wedding/function band and it sounds incredible.

I don't have a bag for this but I have a lot of packaging thanks to a splurge at Thomann & BAX so have proper bass boxes and those wee air pillow paddy things to keep it secure in transit. Alternatively I can also meet up within reason or the buyer is welcome to come and collect it.

Postage will be around £35 but I can get a proper quote for anyone interested. The weight is a reasonable 9.6lbs or 4.35kgs

20190321_214903.jpg

20190321_215023.jpg

20190322_161450.jpg

20190322_161500.jpg

20190322_161524.jpg

20190322_161534.jpg

20190322_161549.jpg

20190322_161746.jpg

20190322_161756.jpg

20190322_161855.jpg

20190322_162046.jpg

20190322_162104.jpg

20190322_162117.jpg

20190710_174543 (Large).jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm needing to take a break form the forum for a bit as I'm suffering from bass overload and people who don't respond to PMs but before I disappear for a bit I'd like to sell this bass.

So I am offering it for a limited time for £660 posted to mainland UK (excluding outlying areas etc that would attract a premium) The trade value is still £750.

Edited by Delberthot

I was going to withdraw this last weekend but decided to let it run until this Sunday 21st as the Ebay auction is about to run to the end of the first free listing period.

If it's not sold by then I will be keeping it and getting myself a fretless neck as I imagine a fretless Geddy Jazz would be quite a beast ( and no the Geddy neck will not be for sale :crazy: )

Edited by Delberthot

As it turns out, Ebay are doing a sell anything for £1 so this bass is on Ebay as well now for £749 + postage but my previous price of £660 posted to mainland UK (excluding rural locations) still stands.

I've taken some more pictures as well:

thumbnail_20190721_155921.jpg

thumbnail_20190721_155950.jpg

Edit - 3.26pm 03/08

I've just had this bass out and I had forgotten just how good it looks but it's never going to get played.

I may be interested in trades for 4, 5, 6, 8 or 12 strings, fretted or fretless, etc but no tort!!! :hi:

Edited by Delberthot