Why become a member? ×

Hmmmm....Shell Pink Jazz, rosewood neck and headstock...?

lou24d53

https://www.guitar.co.uk/fender-limited-edition-american-professional-jazz-bass-shell-pink-rosewood-neck

So this popped up on my Facebook feed...seems unique...not sure if I should like it or not, but the Swingometer is currently veering into the 'not' category...

Think it's the matching rosewood headstock that's really troubling me, I like the concept, but that just seems completely the wrong colour scheme for me to get on board with it...

Anyway, just thought I'd share, see what the Basschat brethren think...I'm off to bed to sleep of this red wine...😂

It's not a matching headstock, it's a neck made entirely from rosewood but I have to agree that it does look odd. I'd much prefer it with an all maple neck but then maybe that's why they've gone all rosewood cos there's a million all maple necked Fenders out there

3 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Works for me, will age nicely if you plan on keeping it. 

I've been wanting a shell pink bass for ages but I'm waiting for the new Flea signature model to see if that could be the one. 

A new Flea sig?

Wow, just seen it. Much prefer the single coils and the stacks.

Edited by NikNik

59 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

Well that's a rather large F**k you to CITES! 

I think as long as both exporter and importer have filled out the declarations,  it should be fine. Dunno if all species of 'Rosewood' are covered by CITES. Must go look.....

• Like 1

I'm a fan of shell pink. The previous version of the Flea sig was just a tad too pale / faded for my tastes - I would have preferred it to be more pink!
From the photos, I don't like the look of the rosewood headstock though.... I would have to see one "in the flesh" to know for sure.

My immediate reaction was ‘no’, but having gone back for a second look it is veering towards a ‘maybe’… which is strange, because for years I’ve preferred maple necks – or more correctly, maple fretboards. Maybe it’s because of how it goes with the body colour?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Icunningham said:

I work at guitar center and have played this model and also the surf green p bass and they were both incredible 

It's growing on me, the more I've looked at it...I've kinda normalised it now, since Saturday's first look...

I still doubt, well, if I had the spare cash, that I'd part with the required to buy it...

Though would like to see the Surf Green P...is that with the same similar rosewood neck / head combo...?

Edited by lou24d53