Why become a member? ×

How many???

paul_c2

None. I need food, water and air. Everything else is an indulgence. You only need one pair of shoes, one jacket, one knife, one fork, etc. Who lives their life like that, though? Soon, we’ll all be dead so do what makes you happy and don’t worry about what other people think.

• Like 4

Only if there’s a portion of time you spend faffing about between other instruments which you then have the discipline to dedicate to practising on your only instrument. I play music in several different tunings. If I had only one bass I’d be losing time to restringing and setting up instead of just playing. I play guitar too. Setting up floating bridges is something you don’t want to do frequently, trust me 😂

His logic could work for a very specific set of criteria but I don’t think it’s really watertight in real world scenarios.

Edited by Doctor J

13 hours ago, paul_c2 said:

Its an interesting point that if you only have one instrument, you get to know it more, then focus more on playing it better.

However fine motor skills are honed by playing a number of different instruments. Even variations of type. Bass, 4,5,6,7 string. Guitar, chunky neck, skinny flat neck,,keyboard.. drums... 

And errr, that's why I need all of those.. (still working on getting drums...)

• Haha 1