Why become a member? ×

FS: Warmoth project Precision **SOLD**
£500

Beedster

For sale is a bass project I'm simply not going to have time to finish, and would probably have sold even if I did as I'm not even getting the time to play bass these days! A stunning 1980's Warmoth body and a more recent beck. Both are finished in very light oil and are both beautiful to look at and, more importantly, absolutely lovely to play. I recognise that it sounds a bit daft, but having owned three Wal fretless basses during what I loosely call my career, there is something very Wal-like about this bass. Tone wise the sustain is noticeable, and the action will go very low without any board issues (in short, the neck is very well made and the ebony board has not been worn by play). Goes without saying that the heel/pocket fit is outstanding. PUPs are a matched pair of DiMarzios bought new late last year. Circuit is generic I assume. I will sell it with both the full Precision pickguard seen in the first photo and the cut down version with the circuit in the second. 

Please note that I am selling this as a project. Everything works, and it's a seriously good instrument for the money, seriously good. But please note the following: 
1. The circuit will need to be reconnected to the PUPs, and a jack output socket added
2. Excess tuner holes in the rear of the headstock will need filling if they annoy you (they never annoyed me)
3. There's probably a few screws need adding replacing

And yes, that is an original Badass II bridge, not a copy :)

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

Tuners not actually screwed onto headstock yet, hence slight alignment issue! 

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, it's lovely.

Greg, as you know, smaller and far more fiddly instruments have stolen my heart recently, or this would be going nowhere (it's actually only a project because I was going to replace the circuit with a more versatile circuit from John/Kiogon with series/parallel options on both PUPs, in short given that those nice guys at Dimarzio have provide lots of wiring options, with that I circuit I was going to be able to do P/J, J/J, P,P and J/P, but I simply haven't got around to it. Happy to include that circuit in sale also to be honest). As I'm sure is the case for many, I'm also trying to support my mothers nursing care costs at the moment, so am going to sell the stuff I have that doesn't get regularly used and put the proceeds into that. God bless the complete failure of successive governments to provide decent care for our parent's generation when things go wrong. 

Anyway, woods? Funnily enough, in both case I'm not 100% sure, both were bought used, one from the US last year, and one IIRC from Europe a while back. I don;t think they're Paduak, but I'm not sure. The look and feel of both in the flesh are outstanding, and both Nik and Greg, being Wal-heads, will know what I mean by this bass having more than a passing resemblance in looks and feel, and whilst it would be daft to say in tone, the core tone of the instrument, i.e., unplugged, has a gorgeous nasal quality, think Song From Under the Floorboards.

If anyone wants this as an intact, fully working instrument, with the new circuit, I'm happy to sell it on that basis but it's going to take a few weeks to do and it will cost around £150 more, trust me, it's worth every penny, it's glorious. 

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Anyway, woods? Funnily enough, in both case I'm not 100% sure, both were bought used, one from the US last year, and one IIRC from Europe a while back. I don;t think they're Paduak, but I'm not sure. The look and feel of both in the flesh are outstanding, and both Nik and Greg, being Wal-heads, will know what I mean by this bass having more than a passing resemblance in looks and feel, and whilst it would be daft to say in tone, the core tone of the instrument, i.e., unplugged, has a gorgeous nasal quality, think Song From Under the Floorboards. 

Love that track Chris, being a Magazine (and Barry Adamson) fan.. 

Not sure what a Wal-head is though.. 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Not sure what a Wal-head is though.. 😁

Same as a Wal-nut or maybe even a Wal-ly  ;)

The switching options would be easy to do and would make this such a versatile beastie - if I didn't already have 3 FL's (strangely enough including a Wal and an Ovation Magnum 1 a la Barry Adamson) I'd be all over this

Very sorry to hear about your Mums situation Chris, I've been in the same boat for a couple of years  - hope things improve mate!

31 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

The switching options would be easy to do and would make this such a versatile beastie - if I didn't already have 3 FL's (strangely enough including a Wal and an Ovation Magnum 1 a la Barry Adamson) I'd be all over this

Very sorry to hear about your Mums situation Chris, I've been in the same boat for a couple of years  - hope things improve mate!

Ditto regarding your mum, Chris..

We've had something similar for 3 years now with Mrs Silverfoxnik' mum who had a stroke in 2016. 

Nik 

Guest BassKS

What a bass!!!!

i would love it to complement my fretted warmoth jazz with the same neck wood.

the shaft is Gonçalo Alves. It’s resonant as feck. Over the last 15 years I’ve easily bought and sold 30 basses. Warmoth has been with me always. 

I wish I could justify it.... truly amazing 

On 15/06/2019 at 15:07, Shaggy said:

On 15/06/2019 at 15:41, silverfoxnik said:

Ditto regarding your mum, Chris..

We've had something similar for 3 years now with Mrs Silverfoxnik' mum who had a stroke in 2016. 

Nik 

Thanks guys, not a great time to be old-aged in this country is it :(

On 15/06/2019 at 12:56, grahamd said:

Aaaah Chris why do I ‘need’ every bass you put on here!?!?!

On 15/06/2019 at 15:10, oldslapper said:

That neck........🤪😍

On 15/06/2019 at 16:29, BassKS said:

What a bass!!!!

i would love it to complement my fretted warmoth jazz with the same neck wood.

the shaft is Gonçalo Alves. It’s resonant as feck. Over the last 15 years I’ve easily bought and sold 30 basses. Warmoth has been with me always. 

I wish I could justify it.... truly amazing 

Yes, it's a rather lovely thing, and now sold I'm afraid :(

• ped locked this topic