Why become a member? ×

Calling all DHA VT2 Di Eq owners

paul_5

I’ve been having noise issues with my VT2 for a couple of weeks and finally opened it up today - I’ve got a stray black wire running from the input socket to fresh air at the other. An educated guess would be that it’s a ground wire, but I’d rather not chance it. 

What I’d like is for a fellow VT2 owner to photograph the internal wiring on the board with the pots mounted to it (there are 2 inside, stacked on top of another). Obviously it’s a big ask, and I’ll completely understand folks not wanting to take theirs apart, but if someone wants to take pity of me then I’d be eternally grateful .

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't tell from looking, you can confirm it's a ground with a continuity tester (usually there is one on a basic multimeter). Attach the leads of the tester to the stray wire and the ground part of the socket and they will be connected if the wire is a ground. If you can't tell which part of the socket is ground, stick a patch cable in the socket and touch to the barrel of the exposed plug (which is ground).

If you haven't got a multimeter, a battery and a torch bulb will do the same job at a pinch. Good luck!

Edited by b7l4s
Spelling
  • Like 1