Why become a member? ×

Jackson Pollock paint job

mefgames

I recently saw a Ric Bass, I think it was a 4005, with a Jackson Pollock-ish paint job. I can't find it anywhere here in the threads. Anyone know the one I'm thinking of ? I built my son a Baritone a while back using that style finish, but now I'm having trouble with it curing properly. 

Bari.thumb.jpeg.660cdc2957cac55c624fb93dca515195.jpeg

• Like 2

The actual Jackson Pollock technique was to have the canvas on the floor and suspend a bucket with a hole in it above it on a rope. The resulting "finish" is very "3D" though.

Whatever you decide to do I would clear-coat over the top.

Edited by BigRedX

10 hours ago, mefgames said:

I recently saw a Ric Bass, I think it was a 4005, with a Jackson Pollock-ish paint job. I can't find it anywhere here in the threads. Anyone know the one I'm thinking of ? I built my son a Baritone a while back using that style finish, but now I'm having trouble with it curing properly. 

Bari.thumb.jpeg.660cdc2957cac55c624fb93dca515195.jpeg

I don’t know anything about curing that finish, but I think it looks great.

13 hours ago, mefgames said:

I've had this one kicking around for many years, and posted on here a few times. Its a handmade/assembled thing. The body was handmade, probably rather crudely, but then the body was wrapped in adhesive soaked thin canvas (As used for artwork), then the paint applied to this. The neck i believe is from an old lawsuit Hondo replica, or similar, has nice pearloid trapeze inlays, and is very straight and well set.

Since I've had it, its now got mostly original Ricky parts, TRC, tuners, tailpiece, scratchplate, pickups, pots, knobs etc. Looks ok, but could do with some TLC. 

I'm a big Mani fan, and its a bit of fun really, although its become quite an expensive one!! 🤣

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Rick's Fine '52
misquote
  • Like 4