Why become a member? ×

Can anyone help me identify this Japan Precision please?

MoJoKe

So, the story here is I was sold this as a PB62.  The listing was very detailed, but there were only three rather blurry pictures, so I had to take a punt, but I am pretty sure from what I have been told, that this is not what I thought I was buying, but is actually a Japan domestic market "Standard" precision...  if that is so, then it is  A. not what I want or ordered, and B. not worth the same money...

I could really do with an expert opinion here @LukeFRC maybe?

Thanks guys!

4 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Whatever the body is, I am pretty sure that neck  is an Indonesian Squier neck.

The decal on the headstock and also the back of the neck heel look like they’ve been added (badly) to a cheaper neck. Particularly the serial number decal, which on every Japanese (mij or cij) I’ve ever seen have had black text for the origin and silver for the actual serial digits.

It’s one of the non export Japan p basses, their equivalent of the Mexican standard stuff, they come up a fair bit.

not a Squier Indonesian neck although I get why people have said it.

neck off, model number will be on the heel or the neck pocket 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s one of the non export Japan p basses, their equivalent of the Mexican standard stuff, they come up a fair bit.

not a Squier Indonesian neck although I get why people have said it.

neck off, model number will be on the heel or the neck pocket 👍🏼

On all the standard stuff I’ve seen, the headstock decal has never included the origin like this does and the serial number on the neck heel always has the origin in black and serial numbers in silver (again, not like this). Interesting!

6 minutes ago, skej21 said:

On all the standard stuff I’ve seen, the headstock decal has never included the origin like this does and the serial number on the neck heel always has the origin in black and serial numbers in silver (again, not like this). Interesting!

See picture of other bass...

think fender Japan is just a minefield basically