Why become a member? ×

Limelight PJ Sunburst Heavy Relic. NOW SOLD
£750
Wigan

peety

It's with real regret that i am putting this bass up for sale as i love the sound the feel of the neck and basically everything about it except the weight , it's just a little too heavy for me to play longer gigs with.

I appreciate that this level of relic will not be to everbodys  taste however this is another fine example of Marks work his pick ups are some of the best i've heard and these are no different, ,  the bass plays superbly below is the spec as outlined on Marks site as you can see it's got a lot of top quality components 

I've  had this bass 6 months it's been gigged but not over used to be honest I've played it more at home .

Forgot to add prefer a sale but may consider trade for a black, black , maple P Bass

Limelight 00220 Heavy Relic Precision in sunburst with J width neck
This Limelight Precision was built as a 68/69 bass and we went to town on the specs. It has all the usual Limelight features but in addition also has the metal earthing plates under the pick ups, an extra added Jazz pick up in the bridge position ( a very popular mod back in the day) plus the extra knob required and side mounted jack socket.
It also has a genuine Fender nitro-cellulose pickguard which are over £100 to buy new!
If this spec was to be ordered today then it would cost over £1150!
I’m offering it at a good price as I currently have 3 Limelight’s for sale and in stock, and usually I have none, so quick sale required.
The bass is very heavy relic sunburst, with “J” width rosewood fretboard with clay dots and rolled fretboard edges, and has the usual high quality components such as CTS pots, Switchcraft jack socket and vintage wiring.

Price is firm and includes postage and a Hard case if you would like to collect from Wigan I'll reduce by £50 , 

The bass is not light i don't have an exact weight but it is in excess of 9lbs and probably wouldn't suit anyone like me who has a dodgy shoulder or back issues

Happy to send more pictures if anyone wants any 

Limelight-00220-HR-P4.jpg

Limelight-00220-HR-P8.jpg

Limelight-00220-HR-P6.jpg

Limelight-00220-HR-P15.jpg

Edited by peety
  • Like 7

As you say, the level of relic wouldn't be for everyone - but then, no bass really is for strictly everyone....
I've got a Limelight P/J too, also with a J width neck, and it's an awesome bass.
As peety says, the pickups Mark puts into his Limelight basses are superb. I put one of his pickups into a Fender P, and it improved the sound loads :)

Have a bump, for a lovely bass

It really is a great bass but we do a lot of gigs that are long 2 hour sets and it's just too heavy for my aging shoulder 😂😂 

i have a Marusczyk which is sub 8lbs which makes the limelight seem even heavier 

I have ordered a replacement from Mark and while he can't guarantee it being really light is confident it will be lighter than this one.

Marks basses are so good I felt I needed to get myself another