Why become a member? ×

Broken Pickup

wishface

My bass is a bit rubbish, but that's ok. However the pickup seems to have died. When i plug into an amp nothing comes out. The pic enclosed is the wiring, it's not a great pick and I can't realy tell what the problem is. Looks like a loose wire maybe, but I have no idea how to fix this or even what I'm looking for. If anyone else does, i'd be grateful. Thanks. This things on its last legs anyways. 

20190611_110646.jpg

• Sad 1

Hi Wishface :)

It looks like the wire highlighted has come adrift & needs re-soldering. THis may be something that you can do yourself, or if you're not confident, maybe a friend with a soldering iron & who knows what he's doing.

Failing that, where in the world are you - a fellow BCer might be able to help.

Good luck! smiley

20190611_110646.thumb.jpg.64b5256cc54bd0f4901ac3fd4c4db183.jpg

• Like 1

If you can, solder it in such a way that it will run around the socket to the lug it is pointing at, not over the socket where it can be interfered with by the lead being plugged in and out, which could have caused this. Use a cable tie or something similar to get that other lead away from where it will be moved by the lead also.

• Like 2