Why become a member? ×

Belated NBD - Cort GB4

tauzero

In the traditional BC way, met up with @clunkie66 at Toddington Services and exchanged money for bass. It's a handsome instrument, Jazz based, with Seymour Duncan pickups - the bridge one is MM rather than Jazz. Active 3-band preamp, with switchable mid. The neck is very nice and well-finished - Colin did have the frets levelled so I can't say how good it was out of the factory. It's 38mm nut and 21mm thick at the 1st fret, which makes it about the same dimensions as my Warwick JD Thumb.

I don't generally do significant things with tone controls on active basses - mostly I set them flat. There's a wide range of sounds available, and after some experimenting, I've found a non-flat setting which I like, which is a bit meatier than the basic flat setting.

All in all, a great bass which shows what you can get on a budget.

3 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

No pics, no bass. Those the rules!

It's a bit of a game doing that but here it is, on the settee at our holiday cottage (see thread in General Discussion about taking a bass on holiday with you).

Cort_GB4.jpg