Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Lakland Skyline 55-01 + upgrades & hardcase
£800
hemel Hempstead

Sibob

SOLD

This is somewhat of a feeler, only from the perspective that I reserve the right to withdraw this any point. It's a great bass, and whilst I want the funds to use for another Lakland.....I'm still not 100% sure I want rid of it.

This is an excellent condition (mint maybe, need to check it over fully late), 2016 Lakland Skyline 55-01, "But that's only £95 cheaper than a new one" I hear you cry, well yes but this bass has upgraded pickups and electronics.
It's been fitted with US Bartolini Dual Coils and a 3 band, active/passive, Bartolini NTMB. That's around £250 worth of extras.

Skylines typically come with no case, you might get lucky and shop give you a simple bag to get it home in, but this comes with a simple Gator hardcase (pics later).
Weight comes in at approx 9lbs 7oz on my kitchen scales. Balances beautifully.

35” with 19mm spacing 

Cash preferred, may consider a Lakland DJ5 in trade.

Any questions, just ask :)

IMG_8758.thumb.JPG.8f83527a8e3a2635242849cfccd2586b.JPG

IMG_6766.thumb.jpg.3ceb5e31fe6e876e3f93fd736ddb9971.jpgIMG_8676.thumb.JPG.d6eedbf7c9cb85affdfa9376a917251c.JPG

This is for sale only in the UK, as I believe it's the last of the Indian Rosewood models before CITES took hold of it.

It's currently strung with La Bella Gold White Nylon Tapewounds

It can be heard recorded here:

Here:

And a quick little summitsummit here:

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 3

I have one in an identical colour with a maple board. I haven’t seen another in this colour, so had to chime in!

It’s a fine bass without the upgrades, though like you I’ve just upgraded the preamp on mine (still the stock pickups though). It made a huge difference - particularly in the mid control. It cost me £145 just for this - I doubt I could replace the pickups for another £100 - I reckon the upgrades are probably worth closer to £350.

Anyway, in my view this is an extremely versatile bass and one that punches way above its price tag! Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...