Why become a member? ×

EHX Octave Multiplexer - Any good?

AinsleyWalker

Looking into getting a new octave pedal as the direct signal on my OC2 has gone and the Octave 1 often doesn't cut through by itself.

Ideally I'd get a MuTron Octavider but I'm looking at cheaper models for the time being. 
Has anyone had any experience with the Octave Multiplexer? Any good/bad feedback?  I just need a simple octaver really

I quite liked the Octave Multiplexer I had although it's certainly a different flavour than the OC2. The TC Nether seems like a nice cheap OC2 clone if that's what you're after. My personal fav cheapo octave is the Chord OC-50, which is OC2 based but with a drive option.

6 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

I quite liked the Octave Multiplexer I had although it's certainly a different flavour than the OC2. The TC Nether seems like a nice cheap OC2 clone if that's what you're after. My personal fav cheapo octave is the Chord OC-50, which is OC2 based but with a drive option.

Thanks for the suggestions! To be honest, I'm just looking for a general octaver at this point, the OC2 does what it does and has that smooth mid range sound, but I'm just looking for something perhaps a bit different to the OC2, maybe more 'standard octaver' if that makes sense? I had a Foxrox Octron which had a really nice Octave down. A bit fatter than the OC2, super clean and tracked well. Also had a distorted octave up which had its uses (but not a necessity). 
I might consider getting one of those again..
It's a bit silly but I'm picky with colour schemes on my board ha, most of it is black/silver/white so I'm trying to find something that will not only sound right but look right.  

Edited by AinsleyWalker

Valeton OC-10 for the closest thing to an OC2 (if that's the sound you're after?) available in the market today.

It's also a lot more compact plus rugged build, and a new one will set you back literally half the cost of a 30 year old OC2. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

If you're OCD about colours then... Can't really help you with that... Although the Octave Multiplexer would fit.

Yeah no problem! Thanks again

1 minute ago, Daz39 said:

Valeton do an OC-2 copy for not much, but again, that's not different.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out