Why become a member? ×

Danelectro Longhorn FURTHER REDUCTION TO £225
£260
Rotherham

martthebass

The second of two short scales that I’ve put up for sale to do some much needed consolidation. I’ve had this Longhorn a few months and it’s served as back up to my Mustang on gigs but has (fortunately or unfortunately depended it on which way you look at it) never been used....so it’s still in minty fresh condition.

Unfortunately no bag for this one so it’s collection or close meet up only.

Thanks for looking 🙂

Nearly forgot, it’s set up with nice fairly fresh flats (D Addarios I believe)

8677257C-7A3C-4295-9353-320FEA33358B.jpeg

766A5574-EB84-4E48-9923-594672C2A72A.jpeg

15F42CB1-F449-43DF-BA94-351AC058D293.jpeg

8404A819-85AE-4A35-B586-F5B663AB2883.jpeg

Edited by martthebass

Well I’ve hung on but I’m finding the 2 Mustangs do the job so this is just gathering dust at the moment and I hate to see basses being ignored. I’m still not in a great hurry to sell but I’ll reduce down to £250 collected to incentivise.

3 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

My limited knowledge of Dano's are that the 00s reissue have better (i.e hotter) pickups than the earlier 90s, however I don't know how to date them.

Sorry can’t help, I can’t find any serial number that could assist. The pups are quite hot for a passive (using my other passive basses as a reference) but I can’t comment beyond that I’m afraid.

This is the 00s version - I have a blueburst 90s one.

A couple of differences to tell these apart is that you have to remove the neck to adjust the  truss rod on the 90s version so it doesn't have a truss rod cover on the headstock. Also the stacked knobs are round on the 90s version without the pointy bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

This is the 00s version - I have a blueburst 90s one.

A couple of differences to tell these apart is that you have to remove the neck to adjust the  truss rod on the 90s version so it doesn't have a truss rod cover on the headstock. Also the stacked knobs are round on the 90s version without the pointy bit.

Thanks for this. I now know which version the one I’ve recently bought on a whim is!

• 2 weeks later...