Why become a member? ×

Sold - Thunderfunk TB550-B amp mint in Boschma case, mint condition. £550 Herts/Essex area.
£650
Herts/Essex/London

Mudpup

Sold

PRICE DROPPED TO £550

Thunderfunk TB550-B

These don't come around very often - If you're reading this then you probably already know a bit about them......

I picked this up in an exchange a few months back - I had too many amps, needed to shift one and was offered this as a trade. We've all been there - curiosity gets the better of you and you think "what the hell, it'll be fun to try something new!"

The fact remains i still have too much stuff, I've bought a little sports car that i want to spend a few quid on and i need to move the amp on to finance it. (There's going to be a nice Stingray up for sale soon as well!)

A fabulous boutique amp that is hand made using absolutely top notch components by Dave Funk in the USA and it's a holy grail amp to some. Super rare in this country and housed in a top notch Boschma 4u lightweight rack case. The 2u amp is designed to run hot as the casing is actually the heat sink so i put it in a 4u case and added vented blanking plates to help the heat dissipation just in case.

Its the 'B' version which has The Switch -a switchable Tube Emulation circuit so you can run a Solid State or Tube style sound at any volume (the original B550 had a circuit that got tubier sounding as you turned the volume up but you couldn't switch it off). It's 550 watts into 4 ohms, has a headphone out and line in, a limiter and a fully parametric eq as well as standard treble and bass controls. The secret weapon controls are the 'Enhance' and 'Timbre' controls - you can literally set up your sound using these 2 controls without touching an eq control - they're brilliant. Oh and it only weighs 17lbs so is by no means heavy to carry about. 

Collection ideally from near Stansted Airport but i could possible drop off by arrangement in the Essex/Herts/London/Kent/Suffolk areas as i travel about a bit for work. Definitely not up for any trades this time around though 🙂 And I don't like couriers (no offence if you're a courier, its not personal) so please don't ask....

Here's a link to the manual which is quite a good read https://www.thunderfunk.com/Downloads/Thunderfunk_OwnersManual.pdf

And here are some pictures below - if you need to know anything else just drop me a message.
Thanks for looking.

48028954017_291d8e6518_c.jpgIMG_20190609_091956 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr

48028961927_6cc907a7ac_c.jpgIMG_20190609_091900 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr

48028857006_c898e576fe_c.jpgIMG_20190609_091927 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr

48028963007_36900e1516_c.jpgIMG_20190609_091914 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr

48028949647_e9e528cab9_c.jpgIMG_20190609_092127 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Also, possibly the best name for any amp out there. 

Yes, everyone should have one just for the name. To go with your Rumblegutspoopyerself bass guitar :-)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...